Sub problem

Just accept it and move on...
HDi I tried. I tried putting the LPF off then adjust put the level up. Then adjust the LFP. And I had everything on the head unit back to default. It still has the bass drum really loud and the bassline isn't loud enough

Accept what? Anyway you should of gone for a Sub and seperate amp as Active subs are never as good as they say they are....

I think you're just taking it out on me because you were wrong. You know I've already got the bass/amp, I can't get another one now

I think you're just taking it out on me because you were wrong. You know I've already got the bass/amp, I can't get another one now

You seem to misunderstand me... I was trying to tell you about the frequency levels of bass. I may explain it wrong but I know what I'm on about. I'm not the 1 who can't set up a sub an amp am I? You have been explained how to do it plenty of times and still not done it. I think it is you who should accept that you yourself can't do and take it to a shop.

You were wrong ok. Wrong, wrong and wrong my friend
I may not be able to set up a sub and amp, but I can blast it loud... can you? I thought not...
I have done as I was told to do.. and it hasn't made it the way I wanted. I did it the way he said though

You were wrong ok. Wrong, wrong and wrong my friend
I may not be able to set up a sub and amp, but I can blast it loud... can you? I thought not...
I have done as I was told to do.. and it hasn't made it the way I wanted. I did it the way he said though

Take a look at these links and then tell me I can't blast it loud. Mate you have nothin on my system. All installed and setup by Myself
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/members/turbonutter69-albums-my-car-picture2277-28122008019.html

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/members/turbonutter69-albums-my-car-picture2277-28122008019.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32177776@N07/3045061537/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32177776@N07/3010617707/

You have a Walkman compared to my install... So what was you saying?

Yes mine is better than yours. Yours doesn't look nice at all. Very plain and puny looking...
Anyway back on topic. What else could I do to fix this?

Already got one. The sound on it is great. It's 90dB and it goes up another 18dB with bass. That's 108dB.
The bass can go loud enough to make you bounce on the seats. I just want the mid bass to be vibrating more than the bass drum, that's all

Already got one. The sound on it is great. It's 90dB and it goes up another 18dB with bass. That's 108dB.
The bass can go loud enough to make you bounce on the seats. I just want the mid bass to be vibrating more than the bass drum, that's all

I honestly don't think your gonna get the sound you want from a Avtive sub? I had a single 12 in my car and that thumped. I only upgraded when I installed the tweeters and midrange in the front cause they drowned out the sub. But now the whole car shakes. The amp is running at 2 ohms which means it's pumping 2400 watts rms. This is why I say you should of had a separate sub and amp deal. How much did it cost?

It cost £100 but that doesn't mean anything. I had good speakers to begin with, the bass was already thumping 10x louder than most cars' factory speakers would. I don't need any more bass or power, it has plenty. I just want the mid bass to be emphasised more than the bass drum. I'm sure you can do this just by modifying the sub settings as HDi was saying.

It cost £100 but that doesn't mean anything. I had good speakers to begin with, the bass was already thumping 10x louder than most cars' factory speakers would. I don't need any more bass or power, it has plenty. I just want the mid bass to be emphasised more than the bass drum. I'm sure you can do this just by modifying the sub settings as HDi was saying.

Just play with them until your satisfied. I have to ask but are you setting it up with the boot open or closed?

I set it with the boot open... it's in the boot. The only other way I could set it is by jumping in the boot and closing it lol.
I managed to improve the sound a bit more, but still not enough vibration. There's some songs where the car vibrates alot and others you can hardly hear the bass.. and that's a real problem since you have to change the dial all the time to suit the song.
When will there be a meet and where is it likely to be?

All songs will be mastered differently. Try not to focus on the vibration through the car - this is a byproduct really. If it's serious then you have too much gain on the sub of it's not mounted firmly enough.

How could I get more vibration? Even if it is the bass drum vibrating.. is there any way to max the amount of vibration I get? There's a song I have which is "subwoofer test" or something and that makes the car shake more than a nightclub. So my subwoofer obviously has the power to make the car bounce I just need to find out how to unleash that power.

How could I get more vibration? Even if it is the bass drum vibrating.. is there any way to max the amount of vibration I get? There's a song I have which is "subwoofer test" or something and that makes the car shake more than a nightclub. So my subwoofer obviously has the power to make the car bounce I just need to find out how to unleash that power.

You're just being silly now. I'm withdrawing from this thread forthwith.

Right each song has it's own acoustic sound to it. The bass cd is just for bass.... Nothing else. Thats why it makes the car shake. I have some songs that absolutely thump. And others that don't an require me to change the sub settings on the Head Unit. This is a bit of advice. You payed £100 for your active sub right? Well another £85 would of got you a package deal similar to mine and trust me you wouldn't need any more thump. I am finding now that I am having to tighten screws and a few minor bolts as the bass is so hard it's working everything loose. Trust me sell what you have and buy a package deal. Honestly buying a separate amp and sub is the way to go.

I've got plenty of thump... I just want more vibration. The car makes alot of thump, I usually have the bass on the lowest setting on volume 10 out of 30 because there's so much thump. I just need more vibration that's all