Audi A6 1.8T Tuning!!!

lpjphillips

Car
Audi A6 Turbo
Hi guys i have just bought a audi a6 as am having a baby no2. used to have a 300zx @420bhp and am currently stuck with 150bhp from the audi.
any one have any ideas to get some more power out this lovely car, thought about a k04 turbo but need to be a little tight on cash for a bit....
any ideas please guys?

ECu remap from Celtic Tuning in Newquay comes to mind immediately. Depending upon the age of the A6 (ie. they evolved through the years sinch launch) you should be able to get close to 200bhp with an across the board increase in torque. obviously you need to keep servicing up to scratch if you're going to take up the slack built in to the engine ECU control data which allows for what is, basically, neglect.

I reckon you can probably get to just over 200bhp with a remap alone. You could get a suitable turbo from a breakers yard quite cheaply. Look for a nice Audi TT or an RS or S model with the 1.8 Engine.

What about some weight reduction? The A6 is a big heavy car, strip it out and you get some more speed/acceleration from it.

You could also smooth out the airbox for a bit more power and fit a panel air filter.

Last edited:
its on an 's' plate 1998 with 124000 on the clock, i have heard alot about celtic tuning on here quite regulary. what sort of price am i to expect!!! how do you smooth the air box out? was thinking of fitting a k and n cone filter and doing away with the box totally!
cant really strip it out as its basically a family car and my wife would not appreciate it very much.....
ta muchly for advice,,, keep it coming. lol

to smooth the airbox ether use a dremmel or a chisel and stanley to cut out the ribs on the inside.
but dont remove the trumpet thats connected to the air intake.
you could also look for a K03s turbo, which was used on the 180 VWs and maybe on the 190 quattros.
this should be a direct fit and has half the internals of the K04

other than cost not much else.
a panel filter and an hour or so of your time can give just about the same gains as a fll cold air induction kit costing 3x the price.
with full CAI youve also got the chance of water ingress due to the lower posistion of the filter