Do i turbo or supercharge my b16a2

revans117

Tuner
Car
civic 1.6 vtec vti
Hi all

I dont no weather to turbo or supercharge me b16a2 motor in my eg6 which one will be better ??

at the moe I have a ,full exhaust system no cat pipe, manifold, spoon ecu, vtec controler, piper cams, adjustable pullys, cold forced air feed, stage 2 clutch, lightened fly wheel, short shifter,

any ideas anyone

Supercharger is the better of the 2 options but why not consider an engine swap to something bigger with more potential?

Supercharger is the better of the 2 options but why not consider an engine swap to something bigger with more potential?

well i have all ready dont an engine swap from the d16 to a b16a2 ans i have got loads of parts for the b16a2 and another engine and box and i like the b16a2's and mine is quicker than a k20 all ready so i kinda want to stay with the b16a2 mate.

well do u recomend a make of supercharger ?

Fair enough I can see why now. As to makes they are all ok. You won't be running full boost so you only need a relatively small one.

Rotrex are pretty good but you should find a MINI supercharged one going cheaply on the bay which should work well. Claymore is our supercharger champ so if he doesn't find this thread it would be worth PM'ing him for some tips.

Fair enough I can see why now. As to makes they are all ok. You won't be running full boost so you only need a relatively small one.

Rotrex are pretty good but you should find a MINI supercharged one going cheaply on the bay which should work well. Claymore is our supercharger champ so if he doesn't find this thread it would be worth PM'ing him for some tips.

ok cool what the eaton m45 out of the mini cooper s

so with u sayin atart of at 4-5 psi is there some way i can adjust the psi on the supercharger or what :confused:
The only real way is to change the pulley size, from experience I think you'll get about an extra 50 to 60 hp which your engine should be able to handle ok, as long as you use an intercooler.

well i have all ready dont an engine swap from the d16 to a b16a2 and i have got loads of parts for the b16a2 and another engine and box and i like the b16a2's and mine is quicker than a k20 all ready so i kinda want to stay with the b16a2 mate

and with the roads over where i live i can kinda go to mad with the bhp lol

any of you boyz no a good place where i can take my car to so it can get maped after the install on the supercharger cause i wil lhave to get the boat over to england and will be arriving at portsmouth