Slow over speed ramps...

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Well since extending my bumper I seem to be getting alot of silly drivers overtaking me whilst i'm going over a speed bump. There is a road near me with 3 on not far apart. So I come up to the first 1 with a car following I brake and attempt to slow down whilst watching my mirrors. The car behind getting closer and closer that i have to lift off the brake and scrape over the speed bump to avoid a rear end shunt from the car behind. But then at the next hump "and it's gettin a regular occurance" the car behind go on the wrong side of the road and over takes me whilst i'm going over the speed bump. If you ask me this is just downright impatient and dangerous. I wish my car was like a traffic police car with the camera to report these dangerous drivers... What would you do behind someone who is going slow over a speed ramp????

haha it does my head in when people slow down to much i mean in your case and other cases yes i would not mind but people who slow down when not needed it irritates me. Also there is about 20 speed bumps on my road my entire town is speedbumped dunno if any of you have been there its Corby. Oh and i have never had a car in whitch i have had to slow down atall for bumps ha.

haha it does my head in when people slow down to much i mean in your case and other cases yes i would not mind but people who slow down when not needed it irritates me. Also there is about 20 speed bumps on my road my entire town is speedbumped dunno if any of you have been there its Corby. Oh and i have never had a car in whitch i have had to slow down atall for bumps ha.

I slowed down a little before but now I have to almost come to a complete stop....I really need to raise the sides a little...lol
But it's not my fault they where put there and I do try and avoid them. I've had van an alsorts go by me while i'm going over them. In my opinion it's down right dangerous....

if its clear and its safe there is no problem lol i mean an over take is an overtake

Fair enough but if you ask me it's dangerous to overtake on a speed ramp. Plus its at a busy junction when I slow down if there is a car waitin i'll flash them out before I go over the speed ramp so it's not good that the car behind takes it upon himself to overtake cause if there was to be a car coming the other way i'd have a wrote off car aswell which is not good.....

That'll teach you for going too low at the front!;)

I saw someone with a kit who was braking hard for a speed hump, unfortunatly for him the heavy braking caused the nose to dive and he ripped it off. He probably have been better off trying to accelerate over it at the last minute.

There are rules for the height of speed humps so they shouldn't catch your car (unless it is too low!) I lost a couple of exhausts to a speed hump but the suspension was old and saggy on the exhaust side. When I got the suspension sorted it was fine.

I can get over them without scraping but I have to slow right down. I don't just go up and jam the anchers on. I slow down well before... It's just there are some impatient drivers who take it upon themselves to go the wrong side of the road to get round me. An yes mate the sides need raising about half inch but it's toooooo cold....:D:D

I'm afraid I am a bit of a cow in this area!

There are a few speed bumps up by my kids school and I would often get impatient people behind me when I was driving the GTO - none have actually over taken me and people that do shouldn't be on the road!!

When approaching a speed bump if there is a car coming towards me then I stop to let them go past - the car behind me has no choice but to wait. Then when the road ahead is clear I come into the middle of the road and go over at an angle, therefore there is no room for the car behind me to overtake so they have no choice but to wait!!

They can get as irritated as they like but there is no way I am going to risk damaging my car just so they can get to where they are going a couple of seconds quicker.

I'm afraid I am a bit of a cow in this area!

There are a few speed bumps up by my kids school and I would often get impatient people behind me when I was driving the GTO - none have actually over taken me and people that do shouldn't be on the road!!

When approaching a speed bump if there is a car coming towards me then I stop to let them go past - the car behind me has no choice but to wait. Then when the road ahead is clear I come into the middle of the road and go over at an angle, therefore there is no room for the car behind me to overtake so they have no choice but to wait!!

They can get as irritated as they like but there is no way I am going to risk damaging my car just so they can get to where they are going a couple of seconds quicker.

Its a wide road near where I live with 3 humps going across the road. But it is at a very busy junction where there has been countless accidents hence the speed bumps being put there. But they should be slowing for them anyway but instead they are speeding up whilst going over them....

Its a wide road near where I live with 3 humps going across the road. But it is at a very busy junction where there has been countless accidents hence the speed bumps being put there. But they should be slowing for them anyway but instead they are speeding up whilst going over them....

Thats just insane.. I have to say I would be inclined to speak to the police or the council about it - sooner or later one of these exceptionally bad drivers is going to hurt someone if they continue!

Thats just insane.. I have to say I would be inclined to speak to the police or the council about it - sooner or later one of these exceptionally bad drivers is going to hurt someone if they continue!

My point exactly. I ought to start getting my passengers to write the number plates down and pass these on....

Try being lowered by 120mm! I tend to just hog the road though. If I'm going over those speed bumps where you have 3 seperate ones side by side, then I use the middle one when safe. This stops people trying to go round me. My attitude is that why should I smash my exhuast, or crack my bumper for some idiot who wants to race over speed bumps.

Try being lowered by 120mm! I tend to just hog the road though. If I'm going over those speed bumps where you have 3 seperate ones side by side, then I use the middle one when safe. This stops people trying to go round me. My attitude is that why should I smash my exhuast, or crack my bumper for some idiot who wants to race over speed bumps.

My point exactly even without the bumper extention I still would slow down for speed bumps cause of my exhaust

I've had to change the way i travel to work because of the bloody things. Do they actually work? They only slow people with modified cars. I've got to crawl over the or risk ripping my car to bits, where as my mate with a TT is the anoying git who flys over them or over takes on them at any speed he likes

I've had to change the way i travel to work because of the bloody things. Do they actually work? They only slow people with modified cars. I've got to crawl over the or risk ripping my car to bits, where as my mate with a TT is the anoying git who flys over them or over takes on them at any speed he likes

That really annoys me van drivers are worst for it. Oh and big 4x4's.

weve had to install them at work, they are bloody agressive things that you need to stop for, fine apart from one of the guys from the next factory (the ones that were allways speeding) has a big jeep and just rattles straight over them, sits and flashes the light and blasted the horn because one of the guys has a very very low 306 stuggled to get over them.

weve had to install them at work, they are bloody agressive things that you need to stop for, fine apart from one of the guys from the next factory (the ones that were allways speeding) has a big jeep and just rattles straight over them, sits and flashes the light and blasted the horn because one of the guys has a very very low 306 stuggled to get over them.

Thats just impatient. These sort of drivers are more likely to cause an accident in my opinion..