Audi A6 S-line V6 3.2 FSI tuning tips wanted

Wah

Car
2008 Audi A6 S-line
Hey pple, whats up?

Im pretty new at this....but can't seem to stop reading things on torquecars and all over the internet.

I drive a 2008 Audi A6 S-line V6 3.2 FSI and I have been searching the internet everyday trying to find some sort of engine tuning upgrade for my model car, but can't seem to find anything.

Can anybody help?

I've already changed my current air filter, but that doesn't really give me the extra power i'm looking for although the engine does have a nice sound to it.

Looking for anything that would give me at least an extra 40 horses or so....
Tried looking for induction kits, some cold air feed u know....supercharger, turbocharger, etc... but can't find anything for my car. I need HELP !!!

I wouldn't install a turbocharger because of the techincal difficulties I gotta go through but how about a supercharger?
Can't really install a Chip becuase that wouldn't give me much for the $$ I would be paying. Unless my car was turbocharged but its not sadly!

Let me know if you guys know anything, something that would help me!

Thanks

Wah

Hi wah and welcome to TorqueCars. Its good to have another Audi owner along. The NASP engines do not give massive power gains with remaps sadly. Adding forced induction would give you the power you want and I'm sure Autocustom engineering can help out with a suitable kit.

Personally I would get the head gas flowed, machine the valve openings, fit a sports exhaust with sport cat and some fast road cams. This will enhance the power you have without the lag associated with a turbo.

Hey Wayne, thanks for replying. So you drive an audi 2 huh....which 1?
And don't tel me an RS4...I would be sooo jealous...thats my dream car !!:)

I tried looking up all those things on the internet but couldn't find anything.
Except, what do you mean by head gas flowed? and how could I machine the valve openings?

There isn't a tune shop anywhere near me, it kinda sucks :( And there isn't a sports exhaust for my model car. I couldn't find any induction kits either.
I feel like its 2 new or something. Its sad really!
I mean my car is styled up, but it ain't got the power! I tried contacting Autocustom Engineering by mail but they haven't replied yet. Is there a website?

I live in Lebanon, Im half french/ half Lebanese!
What about u?

The idea is to open up the airways in the head to allow the best possible flow of air into the engine. A spiral flow is becomming popular where the air and fuel gets a better mix, this is certainly a pro job though.

The valves are like little trumpets and they slot into a tunnel. If the exit of the tunnel where the valve is seated is cut into 3 or 5 angles it greatly improves the airflow and gives a power gain. A head flow will usually involve this as well.

I drive the A3 1.8T Sport and have been really happy with it. Very reliable and extremely economical. As far as tuning goes you can see my plans for it in my profile by clicking on my name.

Have a look through our tuning articles for more detailed explanations of these and other tuning modifications http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/

I'm English and live down in the south east of the UK.

AutoCustom engineering don't have a website but he is regularly on here. I'm sure he'll spot this thread and pick up on it.

Yeah that sounds great and all but like I said, there are no serious tuning stores here that can do a professional job. I wish there were.

I'm just going to have to keep reading, and hopefully AutoCustom Engineering has something for me. Perhaps a super-charger.

Was checking out some pics on your profile, pretty sweet rides.
The Audi A3 is one of the most tunable cars, besides the Toyota Supra. That should make it easy for you to get you car up to about 300 bhp, that is, to get the parts for it and what not. Good luck.
I would be a beast if producing over 300 horses, wow!!
Mine sits right now at 255 horses and I wish I could get it up to at least 300 or so!

I really hope AC Engineering does spot this thread and has something for me. Although, I do think my car is relatively new and no serious parts have been made yet.

If you see anything or hear anything please let me know

I can't just sell my car and get a TT lol, although there are numerous parts for it.

I have a sports air filter question for you: I re-placed my stock air filter with a green filter that was not specifically built for my car, but it seems to fit well, although NOT IN THE AIR BOX!
Do you think this robs me of power because of the under bonnet temperatures?
Do you think I should buy a K&N air filter specifically for my model car and place it in the AIR BOX? Is this better?
I can't really tell if I am being robbed of power or not. Its so minimal !

Try a piece of ducting to take cold air from outside to the front of the filter and see if that gives a bit more power. The K&N makes a lovely noise and should give a similar power gain to the panel air filter.

What do you mean by a piece of ducting? you have to be more specific sometimes when you tell me stuff because i'm not you, Im not a car genious...I just started getting to understand more about cars.

do you think having the Filter just hanging out under the hood is a problem? do you think it need to be in the air box?

no i wasnt on about selling your car for a tt. The tt uses the same engine, just in a different body.

the ducting like the things you get will a tumble dryer - a flexible hose
this allows the cold air from outside to get to the air intake (airbox or cone ) without having to go past the engine and get heated up

i the filter is just supposrted to the intake side there shouldnt be a problem other than you will probably have to clean it out more

Spot on PG! (I'm no car genius, the more you know the more you realise you don't know :( - I just pass on what I've learnt)

I will try and stop using terms without explaining them though! :D

example of ducting for you

ducting_ex_j64.jpg

I alreayd have kind of a hose except its not flexible...it sucks in air from the outside and goes directly to my airbox....but my current sports filter doesn't fit into my ait box so I am not using it. But I will be purchasing a new sports air filter so I can set up my air box again.

Like this i don't get heat from my engine being sucked back in to my engine lol

Still can't find any engine tuning parts, and Auto custom engineering still hasn't gotten back to me....I sent him an email last week.
Im so bummed out!i want more power!!!

Can you find anyone locally who offers regrinds on your cam? They could grind it to a slightly faster profile.

When you say slighter faster profile? What do you mean exactly?

And I still haven't heard from Auto Custom Engineering:(

Do you think if change my spark plugs it improves performance?
What a sprint booster? Ever heard of that?

The cam is a stick with some egg shaped lobes on it. The lobes close the valves in the engine when it sucks in air. Grinding away the lobes makes the valves open longer and is referred to as a faster profile due to the extra power it offers. (Read this article for more information http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/camshafts.php)

Spark plugs in my opinion either work or they don't - I've never seen a power gain from better plugs unless the old plugs were dirty.

HI Wah,

I am sorry for not replying to your email sooner, I think i might have something for you. Would you wanted it fitted?

Many Thanks

Dan

We have a Supercharger kit available i am just talking to a company that is closer to you from who i know who can fit it for you and supply it as it needs the ECU re programmed, One of my sister companies in Europe i work with !!

That sounds great and all but I don't live in Europe, I live in Lebanon.

This supercharger will bring my 255 hp to ?
and how much does it cost? what about labor?

Give u a few prices in a min, i am working out what i can do for you,

Hey everyone,
I was under the impression that the 3.2 compression ratio of 12.5 to 1 was to high to supercharge.

Greetings RetiredNavy and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

Replies might be a while buddy as the last one was in November 2008.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome.

Yes, 12.5 is a tad high for supercharging. However, it can be done but you will have to keep the boost pressure low in order to keep the engine parts under the bonnet/hood :)