Do you know a good Insurer?

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
It's just occurred to me I need to sort out some cover for my car when I pick it up, I'll be giving Adrian Flux a call as I was with them last year,but...

Is there a company your happy with, that gave you a nice price for your less than standard car? :bigsmile:

Oh bum! Sorry I've just seen the Insurance sticky!

Last edited:
I was going to try those, but I was under the impression that they were no good for modified cars :confused: I'll give em a wirl anyway thanks Massive. :bigsmile:

Last edited:
Premium Choice [0800 912 2020] gave me an excellent price for all mods declared. Sky Insurance [0870 11 21 759] were the best for me though and have been for the last three years.

Reactions: Loz
Privilege has given me sterling service over the last eleven years. It's a division of RBS, so the same group of companies that includes Churchill, Direct Line amongst others.

Switchboard is 0113 399 1000 - ask for Privilege Motor Insurance Dept.

i have heard sky are good i am going to give them a try when i get a lexus next month if i dont get another trans am before
mce are good for yanks

I ditched Endsleigh in 1998 as they wanted over £600 for the Primera whereas Privilege offered a better policy for under £300. Endsleigh seem to like under 30 drivers and have little interest in us old folks

Endsleigh insured me very comfortably between the ages of 19 and 28. They're supportive, too. I have no problem with them whatsoever, I simply find that in my darkening years I get better deals from other insurers.

PS - I'm only 38

Your having a Giraffe!

Phoned a company today who couldn't insure me, but their sister company could help me (Ahahaha!). After being transfered to another operator a giving some more details again, he gave me three company names (Adrain Flux, Sky & someone else) & their phone numbers. Then he would transfer me to the first company & I was to get a quote & wait for him to call me back... Soo, I do the leg work & then take the policy out through you? For just supplying the numbers?
It was at this point I thought hmmm no thanks, I'll phone them my self, like I was going to anyway. Strange way of doing things I thought, Anyone come across this before?

I haven't phoned many companys so far, as each call is taking up 30/40 min & I only have a couple of hours in the evening but...
Best 'pick a number & times it by the number of pets you own quote' so far goes to, HIC with a quite frankly stunning £1343 (inc' £500 excess) even the bloke on the other end of phone had the good manners to sound suprised!
Sky will be coming back tomorrow with a quote, I think I may receive more sensible figure. :bigsmile:

A good point yes, thank you...
pointfinger.jpg

Cheapest doesn't always mean bestest :bigsmile:

'pick a number & times it by the number of pets you own quote' :lol: I wondered how they calculated premiums.

Do goldfish count as pets?

Do goldfish count as pets?

Yep goldfish count, I think the guy I spoke to had a whole school of 'em :amuse:

Seems even though I live in a 'safe area' people are a bit claim happy around here, so add that I made my first claim in 14 years of driving last year and all of a sudden my premiums have gone skyward I'm so fed up at the moment :(
But I shall percyveer :toung:

Done & done!

Well it seems the comedy phone number quotes I've been receiving are pretty much consistent :( A couple of factors have caused this,

My first claim in 14 of driving was less than 12 months ago,
My first speed fine was last November too (last year was not my best)!
The area I live in is low in crime but has a high claim rate.​

All this added up to a best quote of...

£1270!

This was with HIC and the reason I went with them was, they included trackday cover as part of the policy. Which is nice. It's still alot more than I was expecting to pay, but all things considered, the car is abit of a toy & I suppose you have to pay the price for fun sometimes. :toung:

Thanks or all your recommendations,
Loz.