bora tdi 130/175bhp suspension upgrade

aky

Car
1997 audi s6 c4
hi all im new to all this so bare with me.i want to upgrade my suspension as it handles like a barge.i don't wont it really low maybe 20mm drop from standard and i would like to keep abit of comfort .which would be the best set up for me,and what brand.my price limit is £400 many thanks!

Hey and welcome mate.
Not tried them but the koni setups are supposed to be good on the golfs / boras.
think the s*rt kits cost around £300. this should leave you enough for a strut brace as well

Never seen any 20mm kits for the boras they all seem to be 40mm drops

Hi Aky. I rate the Konis and Bilsteins. Always get fully adjustable shocks. Remember that your cars shocks are tired and it is probably already 20mm lower than standard. A 35 mm is sensible. Its also worth uprating the bushes. Perhaps some poly bushes if you can cope with the harder ride.

cheers waynne.i'll have to wait till i get it back.had it remapped on tueday just gone and it blew the turbo emptied all the oil and rogered the catalyst.luckily the guy that did it is paying!

175 he went for but the cars done 99000 mls i think maybe the turbo was on it's way out.i'm not truly sure as i am a novice and it's the first time i've tried to have a car tuned in any way.it's just my luck