Jenvey Throttle Bodies and Induction Kits

daaft

Wrench Pro
Car
Pug 306
Hi, i recently read through Octobers issue of Fast Car and came accross the modified Fiesta with engine transplant and Jenvey throttle bodies. I was wondering if anybody could offer some information and input into the difference between a Jenvey throttle body instalation in comparison to an induction kit from say Pipercross or K&N. Are they both just different forms of forced induction or do they have a different purpose altogether?

Thanks

they're different totally m8

u still have an airbox as the throttle body is placed between this and the exhaust manifold. it does a similar job to the carb but for fuel injected cars, it monitors the throttle response and opens or closes accordingly to try and keep the desired air-fuel ratio

the ones ive seen basically replace the inlet manifold with 1 throttle body per cylinder, rather than 1 per engine as on most cars.

you can get 100bhp / ltr using these. dunno if you can use forced induction with then tho

uhm,
similar to what the toyota 20valve 4A-GE engines come with
4 throttle....
4age.jpg

are these a good mod to do then i have seen them but i though alot of work had to go into them to get all the parts in place would you need a bigger fuel pump or new exhaust because of increased air flow ???

like in the pict... the horns at the front are aftermarket parts that i think are available at TRD but the stock one comes with a box in front linking it to the air cleaner box....

u should hear the song being played at the front....
got some youtube links

The diameter of the trumpet and the length are big factors in performance - balancing the air flow trhough the engine is the aim here. I agree with speed culture that they do sound great.