Has anything fallen off your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
A mate was driving behind a guy the other day who had a mountain bike come off his car. Thankfully he missed it but the car behind my mate wasn't quite so lucky!

The guy who's bike it was just carried on driver either oblivious to the carnage he caused or fully aware that he was to blame!

Has anything fallen off a car you've been driving? Perhaps something minor like the exhaust or a wheel, or maybe you put the baby on the roof and drove off!

on my first car a mg metro :embarrest: i had the n/s front wheel come off basicly showing off to a group of girsl standing on the corner i knew i could take the corner without slowing down and getting the back end to kick out a little but this time was different the car ground to a hault and my wheel went rolling off down the road it turns out that when the aa man came he said i was very lucky as the wheel had been held on by 1 nut for quite a while as the other 3 had sheered of and had rust all over them and if i had been on a motorway id be dead now anyway this was my first ever experiance of working on a car putting the car right wont tell you what my 2nd was as its :embarrest:

Many years ago I was racing a Stag (in my Elan - it used to work back then) when, just as I passed him, my bonnet flew off over my head. I was so embarrassed[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] I didn't stop until I had lost him. I got back just in time to see someone run over it!. Fortunately, it was upside down, so it did little damage other than crack the fibreglass lip. Fitted more secure clips after that.

i was leaving scotland afta a holiday and i was packing the bags into the car and for some reason i had taken all my jewlerry off (worth a couple of hundred pounds) and left it on the roof. and i forgot about it and drove off. 20 mins later i heard scratching on the roof so pulled over and got out and my jewlerry was all still on the roof and i had been doin bout 70mph on some roads :confused: strange but lucky

I love how you class a wheel falling off as a minor incident lol. I lost my half my rear bumper on an A road was intreasting, thankfully no one ran it over. Im still unsure why it detached itself from my car.

i havnt had anything fall off but on an old cavilier my dad had.

the rear driverside door fell off lol. had to tie it back on with the seat belt. then the next day the exsaust fell of at the front o.0

sounded like a tank after that.

didnt ever get it fixed justed traded it in for a rover turbo.

the only part i have ever had fall off one of my cars was the passenger side mirror off my cavalier sri which hit the floor and subsequently disintegrated,guess mirrors cant hit the ground at 80 and survive lol