Insurance Comparison Sites

Massive

Torque Master
Car
Clio 172 Cup
well its nearly that time for me and still need to phone the bank to dip into my savings!!

ive been using 3 of these sites using exactly the same details however each time i get a different price from the same insurer that comes top which is the same on each site, the insurer is admiral

on go compare its give me a price of around 1900 3rd party f+t
compare the marker gives me around 1400
then money supermarket gives me 1100!

but i always use exactly the same details andits always admiral that comes top but using the three different sites i get different prices, last year go compare gave me the best price

so are these comparison sites just like a insurance company in themselves by the way you give them information or by the way the ask for your information?

what i do is change my DOB, use 27th july rather than 26th, when i use comparision sites. this means im making myself a day younger. get a hold of the best quotes then go to the insurer themselves and use my real details.
Some comparision sites get a slice of the premuim by cutting them out you can save some ££££
ive save £150 once doing this

Its always worth ringing the top 3-5 companies listed. Many insurers will haggle when you talk to them and often will price match? My local broker dropped his premium 30% because of a deal he has with an insurer - he still gets his 10% commission and we are both happy!

So I have broker cover/support/negotiation/advice at direct prices!

£430 for a year comprehensive on my A3 1.8T with business use! Not bad eh?

Try confused.com also they are getting quite a slice of the market. (Remember though that price comparison sites do not have all of the rates from all of the insurers.)

I do live down in the South East which doesn't help. There is a bit of a premium on it cos its an Audi.

I also have a full protected no claims and this includes breakdown cover. What was you quote then?

it was around £460, (payed it in full so cant remember without going and digging out all the paperwork / bank statments )
9k a year, car parked on street, me and wife insured, inc legal protection and courtesy car. main profession fork lift driver secondary job HM Forces and business class 1 ( require it as get paid when away with the cadets )
didnt bother with the breakbown as was covered by RAC through VW. Cant do protected no claims as only got 3 years.
suppose when you take off the breakdown and NCB protection youd be saving around £60-70

i have got to ring admiral up tonight as got a letter saying that they have cancled my insurance cos they did not recive my ncb ok so i might of not posted it lol
so have to get it back on tonight bit of driving to do this week best thing they shut at 10pm so now has got to be the best time to ring but i now they are going to say yes you have to pay us this amount before we can put it back so i might leave it till tomorrow as i only put money in the bank at lunch time

but you have to watch admiral cos they was the cheapest online so i took it out and to pay monthly you have to ring them and then it bumps you a bit went from 800 to 1000 with all the payments ect its the most i have payed but it is still cheap for the volvo group 16

but the trans am that is worth twice as much is only 370 both fully comp
volvo is on the road with 10k a year no buss trans am is kept at work so is in a locked yard with 4 k a year no buss

was thinking about selling the c70 and getting another trans am as it will be cheaper

I still rate privilege - they have no issues with modified cars so long as you declare the whole lot. £393 renewal this year - which is very competitive. No-one else gets close TBH

but you have to watch admiral cos they was the cheapest online so i took it out and to pay monthly you have to ring them and then it bumps you a bit went from 800 to 1000 with all the payments ect its the most i have payed but it is still cheap for the volvo group 16

Youll find that with just about every insurer. some charge up to around 30% Apr to pay it monthly. think admiral was about 26% for paying monthly

thats why i started to pay it yearly saved a fortune. just put the money into another account every monthwhen renewal comes around youve got the money. other option is get a CC with a long 0% on purchases and whack it on that. Just remember to pay it off