Hitchhikers - pick em up or leave em?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Does or has anyone picked up a hitchhiker? Do we have any hitchhikers on here?

You see quite a few motor traders with trade plates hitching lifts - would you pick these up in preference to the "unwashed hippy" style of hitchhiker.

i only pick up :love::embarrest: :bigsmile:

na i only pick up mates

but if there was a nice bird in the middle of a heat wave was going to summer but that meens rain lol
then i would have to look then look harder then maybe

but a bloke no way

haha i think it would b a laugh to pick up a hippy hitchiker however after watchin that film 'The Hitcher' with sean bean in it i'll probably think twice

i think i would leave em, you never know what the might be carrying, even inocent looking girls, never trust em!

Have only gave a lift to one guy. But a suppose he didnt count as a hitchhiker as a tyre had blown out on his wagon and needed a lift to a farm. Needed the tractorto pull him out of the verge so they could change it.
My good deed for that day.

other than that its only folk a ken that might be waiting on the bus

If I'm on my own, I'd pick up anyone. With the wife or son on board, not a chance.
It makes no nevermind if they carry trade plates or rucksacks, they could be equally interesting or equally pyschotic...:cheesy:

i was in plymouth working many moons ago and had to get to hampshire sharpish wiv no transport/money(had only jus started job), so decided to hitch, some fella picked me up in exeter and drove me all the back, couldnt believe my luck, thing is he wasn't even going that far so who knows wot made him drive me all tat way!!!

once saw a fine looking young girl getting picked up by 'white van man' on the entrance to the M6 at haydock - once the door was open 2 hippy type guys appeared as well and i bet the driver wasn't overly impressed!:p i think they still got the lift but it just shows that all isn't what it first seems!:toung:

personally i leave them where they are 'cause you just never know:confused:

when i see hitch hickers on the road with their thumbs up,i beep and give them thumbs up,and if you think thats bad,,,when im in the humour for a crack with my mate,we beep and pull in a few yards up the road.my mate then yells RUN.your man legs it towards us and at the last second we floor it ha ha ha [im an evil man] but if any woman was on her own,id pick her up,but i have yet to see 1

Nope. They can stand on the side of the road as long as they like. Here is far too many hi jackings and killings. It would be suicide picking up u hitch hiker.

I have picked up occasionally. Like 3-4 maybe in twenty years. I, too, am slightly wary of having the car hijacked. Probably needlessly so because there's so much scare mongering going by the media.