cold feed air induction kit

Rabbit

Wrench Pro
Car
Audi A6 4.2 Quattro
Hi
anyone have any info on cold feed air induction kits for the A6 4.2, been all over the net but found nothing, either supply in kit form or supply and installation

thanks
ptr

The method I would use is to get a standard induction kit, fabricate a cold air box/heat shield and then with some ducting take cold air from behind and below the front light.

Make sure the ducting is wider than the air intake bore or there is little point.

Even better would be a vent cut in the bonnet but this is considered too drastic by many!

Hi

Had a little look under the lid, it seems that there is a system like the one you describe already in place as standard, so i think a green cotton performance filter might do the job.
thanks

Hi

Had a little look under the lid, it seems that there is a system like the one you describe already in place as standard, so i think a green cotton performance filter might do the job.
thanks

From experience and from good advise also, A performance panel filter, for the cost, will give you as good if not better intake of air as over an induction kit. Unless it's a properly done job, which could cost hard earned pennies and time.

As Waynne rightly points out, it's alot of work ensuring that you only get cold air going into the air intake.

HTH;)

I got a 3.2 V6 FSI and Im looking for an induction kit as well. I too have been looking everywhere but haven't found anything.
Have you still not found anything? what have you done in terms of an induction kit?

I tried looking for performance panel filters as well ...but still nothing...where does the panel filter sit anyways?

Hi
Didn't go down the CFI route, as mine has a good one on already so i have been told, thought about the panel filter renewal but i was told it could alter my air flow settings so i haven't as yet.
Put "green cotton air filter " into google, it will show filters and induction kits.
It sits in your air intake filer box as a direct replacement.

R

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back