Audi A4

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
'Is it that these cars are becoming too competent, too good at everything? Is that what stops you liking them?'

More...

What do you think then?

Hi Wayne, My mother and father in law have just taken delivery of their new a4 2.0 tdi. They already hate the fact that you have to select the radio from a screen rather than just turn a knob. They hate the fact that the car locks as soon as you move, the people telling them their lights are on each time you lock the car, and they already find it less comfortable on its low profile 18" tyres. They say that they like it less than their previous one, and say its the price they have to pay in the name of progress. Not a great review on a 30 grand car. These are just the start of their negative comments. The up side is that they like the power increase and the improved economy of the six speed box.

Very nice. I want one Stevie! Dimma - I too hate the new gadgets and features, I'm pretty sure the auto locking can be turned off with a sequence of button presses and key turns though. But radio wise - it is harder than ever to fit aftermarket radios when everything is hardwired into a single dash display unit.

the auto locking should be able to be disabled through the dealership as im supposed to be able to enable it on the bora through a long complicated sequence on vagcom. but really whats the point its to stop car jacking but seeing as it only works when the cars above 10mph. Surly most jacking will happen when the cars stopped?

I do love my Audi's, and all the new designs that are about/coming about are awesome, but technology is getting too clever for itself. I'd have the looks and engines of the modern era with the handling and simplicities of the 90's Audi's. They were the best Audi's IMHO. UR QS exempt from this of course lol

Cars you can service and maintain with a pen knife rather than a computer? Sounds good to me.

You've got to say that modern cars are far more reliable than older ones? (even when the older cars were new they would break down! Austin Princess anyone?)

You've got to say that modern cars are far more reliable than older ones? (even when the older cars were new they would break down! Austin Princess anyone?)

Hence why i would want the modern engines etc. Though having problems with cars, just adds character:p.

As for the Princess, Nice car in it's day but no fanks :D

Just have to say about the locks i had a 58 plate 2.0tdi as a courtesy car and you can stop the autolock via the in car setup menu on the centre screen