Firnen

Car
'08 Accord 2.4 4Cyl
Hi All!

I sure was happy to find this forum, I've been at my computer all day researching upgrades for my car, and it's been a little frustrating how much contradictory information is out there, so a non-profit based source of information is much needed!

A little about me and my car,
I started a job at a local mechanic shop about three months ago as an entry level mechanic, and by entry-level I mean I knew how to do an oil change and use a ratchet and that's about it. I've learned a lot since then, but not as much as I want to know obviously, which is why I'm here. I've got a 2008 Honda Accord 2.4L 4cyl VTEC, but I love the car and don't intend on getting anything else any time soon, and I want to beef up the engine and give it a few more hp when I need it and a little better fuel economy when I don't.

I'm excited to be in such a friendly community! I've been browsing around a bit and I've enjoyed it so far.

Hi and welcome |B

We had the same model and IMO you should leave it exactly as Honda made it as the only problem it ever had in our 6 years of ownership was a battery replacement and it is still trouble free in my sons ownership 2+ years later.

You would need to do a lot of work to gain a noticeable increase in power usually to the detriment of gas mileage.

If it is only an increase in power you seek then do some research to find a supercharger kit.

you think a supercharger would be more beneficial than a turbo? I've read up on them and know that a supercharger would kill my gas mileage and a turbo when driven like a daily driver would surprisingly increase as opposed to decrease mpg

I've had a few more problems with mine than you seem to have had as well, the engine burns oil and it's 95k miles past warranty for the recall, which I think only applied to v6's of that year anyway. fixed a power steering leak the other day and I think the reservoir may be leaking as well. Also, I am fine with doing a lot of work to it, I plan to have this car for a while, main things I was thinking were an induction kit, just not quite sure whether it would be better to mount it behind the front bumper or in the engine bay with a heating shield around it. I would like to replace the intake manifolds, if I did most likely with 4-2-1 headers or just a performance intake manifold, and possibly replace the muffler and exhaust system entirely. All that along with coil-overs because my suspension is on its way out anyway and I'd like my car a little lower and to handle a little better. I know none of these things individually would give me a significant increase in power, but I don't mind doing the work and seeing the results over time. Let me know what you think! would my mpg plummet? as long as interstate stays above like 25 I'm okay with it, but it would be preferred if it went up. Tell me what you think!

I do also plan on overhauling the sound system in it, but that's mostly a battery and alternator problem and I don't plan on pushing anything past like 400-500 watt's so I don't think that would put too much strain on the charging system

I am unaware of any power increasing intake manifolds and there may well be aftermarket headers along with straight thru mufflers that may add a few extra horses.
I would think that the inlet mani is fed from cold air from the factory so I would recommend that you do not fit a pod filter in the engine bay where it will only get hot air and lose power as a result.

I am an oldie and not into in car entertainment.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply.

Nice to have you along, I hope you're enjoying the site. Please start up a project thread and share your experiences with all our other members and I wish you all the best in your project.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back