engine tune stage one:

An overall engine tune up such as performance spark plugs, wires etc...also ignition and valve timing will be adjusted and thinner head gaskets will be installed to improve compression ratio while retaining power at lower revs.

Well if you do this right you should have higher throttle response, faster acceleration, an increase in torque and horse power at 1 to 4 thousand rpm, do it wrong and the car will miss fire, poor acceleration and basically making it slower then faster, there really shouldn't be any harm to the engine if you do it wrong. No I'm turning my pick up into a street rod, I was gonna race it out for Baja but I decided not too.

Apart from the headgasket these mods are more maintainance than performance.
obviously if something isnt working 100% then changing it will make the car run better but in reality it is simply restoring any lost power.
Changing the head gasket may work on an old school v8 but on a modern engine with an ecu and fuel injection there are much simpler mods that will do far more good
An engine remap for example

Well I ask because I have a friend that did a tune on his Ford Focus ST and got more power I was just curious if it would work on a NA engine. I'm used to old school engines not these new computerized cars lol