GV 2.4L Petrol Auto

MickB59

Car
Suzuki Grand Vitara
Hi, this is my run about car that I tow behind my motorhome. It is the 3 door version & I have removed the rear seats and installed a Waco 40L fridge & battery and draws for carrying extra gear.

My problem is that the vehicle is very thirsty, almost using as much as my 4.8T motorhome when towing the GV. It is a bit worse since my mods, but even before it was using 13L+/100Km, now it is around 15L/100Km.

I am wanting to improve the economy of the car and thought that this would be best achieved by adding a turbo. Is this feasible or is there another course of action I can try.

Thanks to forum member in advance of your responses.

Regards

Mick

Hello and welcome!

Adding a turbo is a common question.

However it is not as easy as bolt on and drive away. There's a lot involved.

If you are just interested in improving economy a turbo is probably not the way to go. A remap., even on NA cars, may benefit you. Haltech is the big name in ECUs in Oz. I suggest looking them up and seeing if they can accommodate you.

Hello and welcome!

Adding a turbo is a common question.

However it is not as easy as bolt on and drive away. There's a lot involved.

If you are just interested in improving economy a turbo is probably not the way to go. A remap., even on NA cars, may benefit you. Haltech is the big name in ECUs in Oz. I suggest looking them up and seeing if they can accommodate you.

Hi, thanks for reply and advice re a turbo install. I tried Haltech but unfortunately they only do performance cars. I will have a look around for a ecu chip or remap when I get nack from Tasmania.

Thanks again.

Porting and polishing the head with a 5 angle valve job will improve economy a little, remaps are often helpful for finding a little more economy but on a NASP engine the gains are dubious. Clean injectors and decoke the engine to maximise the economy you are getting.