Good long suspension read

Two comments:

1. Negative scrub radius: I remember this being discussed many years ago (and I haven't gone and done a Google refresh) and one of the benefits was that the effects of a tyre blowout were massively reduced. The other thing I believe is that all cars with ABS systems have negative scrub radius.

2. Air suspension. My Audi A6 has air suspension and it been excellent so far although I usually just leave it in Auto mode. I thought I cold also use the highest setting to let me in with my trolley jack and lift the car. Big mistake, there is a separate jacking mode. I jacked mine up at the rear without engaging jacking mode and the noise it made when I let it back down sounded real serious, banging and cracking. I didn't realise what I'd done initially but it caused me to enquire about replacement bags and struts thinking something was damaged. Turned out it settled down all right but it was a lesson learned that could have been a very expensive repair.

Good read. Didn't mention my passive stability shocks though.

They have a non-newtonian fluid in that is hard when pressed softly but soft when pressed hard.

So it stays level in corners but absorbs bumps well.

I have a questions regarding low down adjustable suspensions. They are very hard and not comfortable to drive with, any type available still to low down but to be comfortable in driving?

If the suspension is stupidly low/dumped/slammed then not only ground clearance reduced but also suspension travel and the springs need to be stiffer to help prevent bottoming out on undulating surfaces and that usually results in an unpleasant bumpy jiggly driving experience. .V( \B

Over here we have a 4 inch/100mm minimum clearance rule.

Good read. Didn't mention my passive stability shocks though.

They have a non-newtonian fluid in that is hard when pressed softly but soft when pressed hard.

So it stays level in corners but absorbs bumps well.

Doesn't a non newtonian fluid work the other way round? pretty sure custard is one, and that's soft when little force is applied and closer to solid with a high impact?

Doesn't a non newtonian fluid work the other way round? pretty sure custard is one, and that's soft when little force is applied and closer to solid with a high impact?
I did the custard experiment and made a complete mess of the kitchen. My wife is not happy now! ;)

Suspensions are the part which decide the level of comfort one enjoys while riding on. It also adds up to the related parts of the movement assy which in turn depends on the suspension system for its endurance on the road. Also the better the suspension the quality of ride especially while off-roading with some jumbo. It also keeps the minor vibrations, noises of the road at bay only if the quality of suspension is nice.