Floor Jack Question

Car
BMW 3 Series
Hey all,

My friends and I are looking to buy a new jack to get some work done on my garage! I drive a
There are a lot of options online and not sure which one would fit best for my car.

Which one would you recommend? I was looking at a list of best floor jacks an not sure which one would be best.

**Sorry but you're post went into our moderation queue as you used web links. You most make 10 posts first before the system will allow you to do that, this rule protects us against the spammers**

T9 man
Super Moderator.

Suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any 2 tonne rated rolley jack will do the job of lifting your car. However, you need to concentrate on sorting out some sturdy axle stands to make working on the car safe. I also place removed wheels under the car as an additional safety measure.

Sturdy ramps may also be a simple all in one solution for you. OG has covered all the bases with jacks so can't add anything to his expertise here :D

Good advise from both of the above gentlemen |B

So may I repeat NEVER GET UNDER A CAR WITHOUT INSTALLING AXLE STANDS.

You can place the spare wheel under the wheel that is lifted if no stands are available.

Better safe than sorry.

PS I would recommend an alloy low profile trolley jack as they will be better at getting under a slammed/lowered car.

Last edited:
Another vote for a low profile trolley jack here. I am amazed at the amount of professional garages that do not have one. The times I have witnessed the car being driven up planks of wood, and all just to get it high enough for a trolley jack to be slipped underneath. :confused:

I have a pair of 6 inch high timber ramps in my shed that I drive onto if I need to get under the car so that the low profile trolley jack can get far enough under to reach the front cross member.
Don't have any problems at the rear accessing the diff or lower control arms if I need to lift the car to change wheels, pads,bleed brakes,check oil level etc

This is what I have https://www.ebay.com.au/i/252108353185?chn=ps&dispItem=1