picks of my engine bay

Ok, I suppose I ought to just put a couple of videos of the rear wing and front splitter mockup,

The rear wing is split in two and will work as an air brake and active aero.
Air brake.

Active aero.

Front splitter.

you could make it a bit bigger and if it was fully retractable you could use it as a picnic table.

should also say looking very impressive

My intention is to make a small wind tunnel and see where the best position is for it, normally it should be further back and at roof level, but with the roof scoop and air exit out of the back window, I need to experiment a bit yet.

it will only be a small thing to get something like a 10th scale model in.

I have a lot of 8x4 ply sheets looking for something to do so, when time allows, I plan to make a full sized tunnel (well full sized enough for the Elan so probably not much bigger than you are planning :) ) then cover the car with wool tufts so the air flow can be tracked. Not for a while yet, though.

Rear wing now located further back and lower, also narrowed by 300mm.

Are you confident that the plastic rear window will cope with the rather large forces that will be acting on the wing and being transferred to it via the actuators?

Are you confident that the plastic rear window will cope with the rather large forces that will be acting on the wing and being transferred to it via the actuators?
The actuators are attached to an aluminium frame inside the window.

I was hoping you were going to say that. Didn't really think that you would have done something so silly :)

It will be a draw as neither car will ever be actually finished :)

Well I know that they will never actually be "finished" as they will be tweaked for some time but wondered who would hit the track and fire a shot in anger first.:)

Been a while since I have been logged onto the forum...

Colin, WOW! This is so epic!

I am a little curious on road laws regarding twin engine cars? Do they need a special form of MOT or as long as its taxed and MOT'd, its usable on the road?

Been a while since I have been logged onto the forum...

Colin, WOW! This is so epic!

I am a little curious on road laws regarding twin engine cars? Do they need a special form of MOT or as long as its taxed and MOT'd, its usable on the road?
MOT isn't an issue, emissions just taken on one engine, but it will probably just be a trailer queen now :).

Very nice Colin, but, I worry that you are exposed to fumes from the rear engine, are you going to put up some sort of barrier between you and the rear engine?

I hope this alleviates your fears mate :)

you mad old bugger, lol
but why make it a trailer queen? I mean you might say its unusable on the road but you could still drive to events at normal speeds though.... well... sort of...

you mad old bugger, lol
but why make it a trailer queen? I mean you might say its unusable on the road but you could still drive to events at normal speeds though.... well... sort of...
The car will need a BIVA test at I think £600 assuming it passed, there are a lot of hoops to jump through, the biggest will be that the car has to have all e marked glass, and as I've got poly carbonate for the rear sides and rear hatch, that's a no no.

Too be honest with you, it makes more sense to trailer, it means I don't need to pay for tax and can just get track day insurance instead of a full years insurance for the few days a year it will be used.

true, but it means you're very limited to where you can take it, I mean you couldn't just go for a drive on a weekend at the drop of a hat, you'd have to plan your trips to track days or to drag strips, personally I don't like the idea of that, but hey ho, I guess in your case it does make more sence

true, but it means you're very limited to where you can take it, I mean you couldn't just go for a drive on a weekend at the drop of a hat, you'd have to plan your trips to track days or to drag strips, personally I don't like the idea of that, but hey ho, I guess in your case it does make more sence
I still have the T-5R for a bit of A road fun

Ruddy wonderful stuff Colin, NASA might be following this thread now so watch out for any infringements on your designs :)

It's a project that captures the imagination! Your hard work has really paid off. There are many who dream but few who get up and chase the dream.