1.9 diesel tuning

Superchickenn

Car
4 sweds & a german
Hi Guys,

Im currently trying to explore new grounds to me... diesel tuning!!

Ive always messed around with petrol engines and there has always been lots of reading material available when looking to tune these.

However recently ive gotten into diesel volvo's, the V40 to be exact. Ive managed to accumulate 3 as of recent. What i was looking at doing was getting some more power out of them. I know remap is normally the first point of call but seeing as though i have a fair amount of spare parts currently i fancy trying to push things a little more.

So firstly i was going to try this on the 103bhp variation of this as my other two both run the 115bhp variation. I believe i currently have a Garrett GT1549V, anyone know any other volvo's that run a bigger turbo than this? that way i can look to source a bigger turbo and go from there.

p.s i will add my volvos are currently running WEO not sure if anyone else runs WEO/WVO?

Thanks All Craig

There are a few kits around for your engine based on the GT3076R GT3021R-WG and the GT2871R - the ball bearing turbos last longer, spool up more quickly and deliver slightly more power than the thrust bearing ones.

A hybrid turbo is the obvious bolt on option. Fuel delivery can be a problem on the 103bhp engines so you'll need to check this before hiking up the power.

Kia and Ford use the same engines so you might find some upgrades in those models that are suitable.

Thank you for replying..

I'll have a look into those turbos ... I hope the fuel pump will cope.. its the same pump in the 115BHP vairence

I'll get looking to see what I can purchase.... :)