My engine builders new toy

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Last edited:
Just back from having him change the coil harness ends for my coil upgrade and he told me that it has done a 7.49 second pass with 35 lbs boost and that he has to revert to mechanical injection in the class he wants to enter as he has low 6 second 1/4 mile times in mind with up to 60 lbs of boost to come in future events.

60lbs of boost? That's mental. He could run his HVLP spray gun off that no problem when he's touching up the track battle scars then.

Always remember a fellow teaching me about pressure. He was testing hydraulic lines and asked me what pressure meant to me. I din't understand what he meant so be got out a huge pressure gauge that only went up to 5 psi with a rubber hose attached and asked me how far I could blow it up. I guessed 5 psi no problem so he let me try it. One and three quarter psi and I felt as if my cheeks were going to burst. It gave me a whole new perspective on pressure.

The racing Sierra Cosworths had up to 38 lbs of boost :eek:

Lee recons that the motor was handling the boost level easily and it was built for a much higher pressure.