New top gear

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
What are members thoughts?
Personally episode 1 was boring episode 2 was more interesting but it still isn't working for me! But I'll persist and give it a fair try but initially it's not looking to good in my opinion.

Watched both episodes to date and unfortunately I think they are trying too hard. Basically I see a lot of money wasted on trying to create a modern carbon copy.

I agree Os
But I'm also starting to think Matt Leblanc has got it written into his contract he must win races/challenges. Come on a race to the pub surely Eddie would have won that one easily given the opportunity even in a more underpowered car

Haven't watched it but most of the hate over here on some forums is directed at the little ranga (redhead) talking too loud and being hyper.

Don't know if it's me getting old but I just don't enjoy this format like I didn't enjoy the previous lot. How many slowmo water shots do we need in one episode. Seems to be all about the film editing and not the cars. It hasn't made me want to watch, it more of I'll watch if I stumble across it but not fussed if I miss it. Been watching reruns of Fifth gear more recently on YouTube and find them more interesting, maybe because of VBH and JP as they give out more of their knowledge on the mechanics of the cars instead of relying on outdated challenges and accessories such as planes and 3 wheelers

The fact is the new show was always going to get a bad press espcially as people will insist on comparing it to what the old show was in its heyday- and that cetainly was quite a while ago.
The clarkson disciples hated it before it was even shown

Personally i think most have forgotten that the original was getting really tired and the stories were getting more and more ridiculous.

We have only seen two episodes and they were (IMHO) better than most in the last series.

However I will agree that it is very unlikely to be as good as the best of the old - thing is neither were the final few series.

Give it a chance

Must admit being a fan of 5th Gear and often go on U tube.
Also <B Sabine Schmidt and envy her obvious skills|B and wish that I could only be 1/2 as good behind the wheel. ?-/

I enjoyed it.
The last few series under Clarkson et al was getting tired. It didn't bother me if I missed an episode.
The new crew are trying to step into their shoes first, then they'll bring their own flavour. It can, and will, get better I'm sure.

I thought it was good and much better than the last few series of TopGear which I had given up on.

It should get better as they get into their stride. We still don't really know the characters but it is very well put together and features some interesting car stuff.