TURBO! 50 of the most exciting turbocharged cars ever made

Saw a mint condition renault 5 gordini turbo yesterday that would top my list.

Nice to see the charade gtti included and the f40.

You can never have too many turbos :D

8229de22a5db175a34fc9f439c042c-5561da9fe3867_zpsvtu7yata.jpg

Didn't think much of the write-up on the GTR. Nissan strapped two turbos to a PlayStation!! What about it's racing heritage? 2 years undefeated in the touring car championship. Was christened Godzilla because of destroying the bigger V8 engined cars in the super touring car championship. Like the earlier all conquering Sierra Cosworth forced major rule changes in their respective championships. The R35 hasn't done anything notable until recently when last year it won Bathurst first time out like the R32 did. If they wanted to stick to domestic road achievement the R34 is more notable with it's link to the Fast n Furious franchise.

Didn't think much of the write-up on the GTR. Nissan strapped two turbos to a PlayStation!! What about it's racing heritage? 2 years undefeated in the touring car championship. Was christened Godzilla because of destroying the bigger V8 engined cars in the super touring car championship. Like the earlier all conquering Sierra Cosworth forced major rule changes in their respective championships. The R35 hasn't done anything notable until recently when last year it won Bathurst first time out like the R32 did. If they wanted to stick to domestic road achievement the R34 is more notable with it's link to the Fast n Furious franchise.
I have to agree, it's one of those, click lots of times to see all the pictures and we'll show you new ads each time sites. Editorial content is clearly not a priority here.

It was a nice trip down memory lane though. A few surprise entries in there. I think I'd be happy with most of those sitting on my driveway.

Some gorgeous cars amongst that collection, a few of them was on my wish list when I was a young man :)

^^ I remember seeing the F40 at the Dagenham Town Show many years ago now. It was brought along to the show along with a few more Ferrari's from a big swanky car dealer :)

It looked ruddy gorgeous <B "Still does" and then they went to start it up "Nothing" :( Several attempts and still the monster lay silent. Then someone in the team asked if the kill switch was still on under the front seat?

Well I tell you this, the next turn of the key and that car just exploded into life, I felt the ground shake and a little tear started to run down my cheek :) It was nothing short of ruddy awesome |B

The same guy also owns these and keeps them at the same valeters :eek:

IMG_1325.jpg IMG_1352.jpg

Plus, this guy is a genuinely nice chap, who would have thought it :D
I'm not jealous really :rolleyes:

i have owned a few turbo cars, Buick Grand national , V6 turbo,alky injection. later converted to LS3 GM engine , more reliable.
85 Mustang SVO turbo,2.3L.
Mazda RX7 BIG turbo, 3.5" full exhaust, ported etc,alky injection.
1982 OPEL 1.8L turbo diesel, veggie oil burner.

interesting they did not rate the 1st MASS production turbocharged car, IS Oldsmobile F-85 Jetfire, all aluminum V8 215 cu.in, yr 1962. (that later ROVER bought manufacturing rights, and manufacturing equipment), YUP ROVER V8.
back in 1962 i drove one for demonstration, it just did not have the American big V8 torque, so only a few were sold.

for me the ultimate looking turbo car ,Jaguar XJ 220. myself like others did no care much for the twin turb V6, yes it had power but not the magic of speaking V12 engine.

but to me a great looking car.
also own a GMC suburban utility vehicle ,work truck,turbo dieselbuick &cute dogs 010.JPG good pix old yellah 001.JPG Mopar in Leander.Jag. RX7 002.jpg buick &cute dogs 015.JPG
buick &cute dogs 010.JPG
buick 1986 turbo, but looking at V8 good pix old yellah 001.JPG Mopar in Leander.Jag. RX7 002.jpg LS3

that opel is known here as kadet, and has long history in racing. kadet coupe. all your cars are amazing, love the buick, 4.6 does 100kmh stock. prettz cool, turbo 6.