What was your last enjoyable drive

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When did you last have a really enjoyable drive?

For me I've just been so busy the car has been a tool to get me around. Driving for pleasure has not happened for quite a few months.

Hopefully I'll get some time to enjoy the car this weekend. It's been serviced and has a full tank of premium diesel fuel so I'm all set to go.

Last Sunday evening. Took the SLK out for a spin covered about 40miles I guess. Sounds turned right up with my 60's music giving it welly. Didn't go fast just relaxed & took the back roads. Really pleasant but a bit cold for the roof down that I love. Maybe next weekend for that.

Today left for work at 09:30 was there for 10:10 now if I set off at my usual time 06:30 I'll get there for 07:30/40 goes to show peak times don't start at 08:30 anymore they start two hours earlier:(

Today left for work at 09:30 was there for 10:10 now if I set off at my usual time 06:30 I'll get there for 07:30/40 goes to show peak times don't start at 08:30 anymore they start two hours earlier:(
Looks like everyone is missing peak time then! :( Perhaps going in after 9:30 is the answer if it saves you 20 minutes a day that adds up to a lot over a year.

Drove up to the Saab Owners Club Board meeting in Markfield Leicestershire on the Friday before last. A nice little trundle up the M1 (No rush as was staying overnight) before taking to country roads and beautiful scenery. It all made for a very relaxing drive for a change, arrived chilled instead of stressed as no fuss or dramas on the journey. If only all my journeys were like that :)

yesterday me and a friend of mine went cruising thru the suburbs and testing and having fun in our cars, he drives a mk3 golf with lower suspension, GT line, 1.9TDI vs my corsa 1.4 16v. was fun, nothing childish just driving around and stoping by and checking our cars.

I have some serious driving time booked in next week! Hopefully we'll cover about 1000 miles of awesome roads. Depends on weather and levels of arsedness though.

where will you be driving mate? there is in U.S. a place/road called tail of dragon, located in Tenessee, it has many curves and people from around the world go there for a fun drive.

The mountain roads before and after the mont blanc tunnel last week. No one around......steering on sport mode....2005 Focus ghia 2.0 tdci.......epic....43,€ toll hurt

i bought my car in mumbai, a sparingly used skoda TSI. refreshed it there and drove back to chennai with two friends, a total of around 1400 kms, great fun. we stopped for a night in bangalore