Head or your heart

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When it comes to choosing a car what does your head tell you to buy but what does your heart desire instead?

My Head: 5 Door economical Diesel A4 TDi 136bhp
My Heart: Audi RS4

I sort of went in the middle though and think I got the best of both worlds!

What about you then?

My head is usually hiding in a corner. Every car i'v ever bought has been impulse so I never had to choose between two cars.

5 years ago i had 8+ grand saved for a car my heart and head where saying celica GT-4 st-205 I did all the research found a few local to me to test drive, Then came the bomb shell I'm pregnant from the wife. So the head took over and I had to find a good looking 5dr with a bit of poke and the leon cupra r came out on top but couldnt afford 1 so the cupra came in a close 2nd!

As for looking for a work car i needed a estate/van something that is competent at pulling away and in the corners and for a budget of £500 the legacy ticked all the boxes!

New updates for my choices on this topic...

My Head - Civic 1.6 Diesel - 74mpg
My Heart - Nissan GTR

The solution is have several cars. An economic car. A Workhorse for carting things about. A Poser car for an elderly gentleman that allow roof down motoring & a Toy that's mind blowing fast.

The solution is have several cars. An economic car. A Workhorse for carting things about. A Poser car for an elderly gentleman that allow roof down motoring & a Toy that's mind blowing fast.
Nice if you can afford it.

My head says sensible, economic, probably electric/hybrid, family friendly car.
My heart says Scooby.

Heart won :)

obi, you are correct, unlimited money can destroy your life,(but what a away to go).LOL.

many people here in USA have won the Lottery and so few can handle the changes in there lives!

like the simple fact of how do they keep the money?

1st the tax man gets his share,(i dont know why he didnt play).
2nd dozens of investor tyrpes show up, and take there share, mostly losers.
3rd you never knew so many friends you have now!
4th cant keep it in a bank, that becomes public knowledge, Hackers etc.
5th many people end in mental resorts, and they charge enormuos amounts ,you sign documents if you die they get much of the money!

any way it goes on and on ,and all the while your personal happiness is forgotten, and your reason for your living starts to make no sense, suicide!

also poor /lower class/middle class, just do not have the inner genes and DNA to handle 10 million/ and deffinatly cant manage 100 million.

studies have shown it takes about 3 generations of having money to finally learn how yo keep it!

My wife's Mum always wanted a Maserati and she was told on many occasions to get one. She never did and is now dead.

If you love cars then get what you love, even if it means saving for a long time. It is best to regret what you did rather than what you missed out on. If buying a classic or supercar you won't lose much on resell. And, hell, you are a long time dead.