Tour of southern France, Any Ideas?

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
I've done it before and now want to do it again but flying solo this time, I want to tour the med and the Alps but with limited time (approx a week) but I can't make my mind up, ferry to spain (£250 one way ) and around taking a short crossing from northern France at the end or to drive from northern France to Perpingnan and then around, (probably slightly cheaper but more tiring, The Ferry takes around 24 hours I believe but I guess it only takes 17 hours to drive down (1k miles down) my weapon of choice is a 1.6 Mk2 MX5 with camping gear so not exactly a comfortable GT but I think the right choice for the med and Alps,
So what do you peeps think? Ferry to spain or drive the whole loop? Thank you as always

Ferry to Spain for the win. 24 hours on a ferry is going to be a lot more relaxing than 17 hours on autoroutes.

Also get to see a bit of Spain, and be refreshed for what seems like the main purpose of the journey.

Done southern France from Dover-Calais crossing and the journey was not all fun.

Plus the ferry ride can be fun if you like that sort of thing (I do!)