Alfa 2.4, any thoughts?

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
Alfa 2.4 20v derv, any good Or best avoided?
Head over heart or heart over head?
Thank you peeps

The 5 cylinder 10 valve on I drove in 2001 was nothing remarkable at all. Neither refined nor especially quick. There are smoother and quicker 4 cylinder diesels around.

No idea about the later 20 valve ones but the power figures are much nicer. I assume that the MJet technology helps refinement too.

Worth a drive though.

Sorry for the hijack but hdu i saw this and thiught of you. :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201505183571737

I saw that too. my only concern is that it's a pre engine update which means nikasil liners and single VANOS. Sadly, having bunged so much cash at this Passat I am pretty much duty bound to run it for a while now. But thanks kindly for the link :)

Actually no, looking at pics it's the double VANOS unit.

Hmmmmm, I am tempted, could flog the Passat for more than the buy price of this one.

I really do want shot of the Passat. It's not that I am BMW badge happy but I do like the bulletproof reliability and longevity.

2nd problem is that it's been listed for some time (ad says available for test drive til 6th May) so it's probably already gone. But I will phone tomorrow on the offchance.

Alfa parts can be quite expensive. I'd love to own one as they are nice to drive. They have come a long way in terms of reliability in recent years as well.