should i buy a turbo charger

jack4325

Car
civic sport 1.6 55
ive got a honda civic sport 1.6 55 plate and would like a high bhp/speed increase is this a good idea (dont suggest to get a different car)

Hi and welcome
It will help if you expand on your need for power and speed Is it for motorsport or a daily driver for starters?

Then may I suggest you transplant in a better powered Honda motor say one out of a Type R Integra as I feel sure someone has done it by now??

IMO that is a far better option than adding a turbo to the existing power plant.

I'm not familiar with that engine, but I see lots of souped up Civics on the road. There's a huge community of Civic tuners and some of them are pretty quick. Find a Civic community and see what's available, i'm willing to bet there's a lot you can doi with that.

To elaborate on my rather blunt answer to your question, it isn't as easy as simply bolting a turbo on. I assume, from your age and the question, that you are inexperienced in car modding so here is a quick video showing what is involved. The power increase is impressive but your boost is limited due to the high compression ratio of N/A engines compared to turbo engines.

Good video that. One of the best from the MCM guys and gives a really good insight into the questions everyone always asks!