Intermittent Shutdown on DW10ATED

Reshan1809

Car
Citroen C5
Hello everyone.

Greetings from Mauritius. I have been encountering some intermittent shutdown on my car. Car would just cut itself off completely and won't start. I have to turn off the ignition completely, wait for like 20 seconds and then try again. Then again, it won't accelerate past 3000 rpm and would throw an Antipollution fault on the dash screen.

Wastegate has been adjusted, because initially I thought of it as a lack of boost because the the cylinder head was taken apart about 2 months ago but the MAF was faulty. By the time I am able to find one, I am just running on a disconnected MAF. :D

How am I able to check the solenoids? I have tried swapping the boost one with the egr but still the same thing.

Thank you,
Reshan

It sounds like you have overboost issues and the engine is going into limp home/shutdown mode.

Have you read the fault codes from the ECU as these will give a clue as to what is happening - planet is your friend here.

EGR faults come up quite often and cause this, but you want to be sure before throwing money at it.

Try some BG cleaner, if it's just heavily carboned up that will help clean things read my experiences here http://www.torquecars.com/forums/threads/recommended-diesel-fuel-additive-bg244k.34352/

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back