Just had best car wash ever

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I paid a few lads in a car wash over Ramsgate to clean my car and they have done the best job ever!

They are in the Wyvale car park.
Montefiore Avenue
Ramsgate
Kent
CT11 8BW

They cleaned the inside rims of the wheels, this has never been done by any other hand car wash place and I only paid the £5 for the basic clean. The car came out spotless. They also used lambswool wash mitt's so didn't scratch the paint!

Thanks guys, I'm really impressed and it takes a lot to impress me.

That's really cool ;)

There are only two times I get the inside rims of the wheels done, one is at a car wash at Homebase in Waltham Cross near the Saab garage (£5.50), the other is at my detailers at the airfield in Stapleford Abbotts (£omg!!!!!) :)

but the question from me is did they use the 2 bucket method? I'd personally guess no!?

I'm no detailing snob (in fact I never wash my cars!) but I do know what's good or bad for a cars paintwork! And I would personally never use a old abandoned petrol station to get my car washed or even recommend one to anyone else!

They had 3 buckets, which were emptied and refilled through the car wash process and they used high pressure water hoses a few times in the cleaning process.

I have some areas of new perfect paint and I'm pleased to report there were no new scratches in these areas!

I only used them after I saw them working on another car and I liked what I saw!

Some places are really good... The blokes opposite my mums do a nice job! I think they use turtle wax products.

They had 3 buckets, which were emptied and refilled through the car wash process and they used high pressure water hoses a few times in the cleaning process.

I have some areas of new perfect paint and I'm pleased to report there were no new scratches in these areas!

I only used them after I saw them working on another car and I liked what I saw!

Fair play then mate!
But this is honestly the first one I've heard of that do this. I've seen some of these places using the same rag to wash the wheels as well as the bodywork:-(

What makes me laugh is all the supercar owners who get the car washes to do it. If I drove anything like a supercar I'll have it detailed professionally!

Aylesbury has a couple of really good outfits that do much the same for a fiver. They;re all over the car like flies but I've never found so much as a fingerprint never mind a scratch

Last edited:
but the question from me is did they use the 2 bucket method? I'd personally guess no!?

I'm no detailing snob (in fact I never wash my cars!) but I do know what's good or bad for a cars paintwork! And I would personally never use a old abandoned petrol station to get my car washed or even recommend one to anyone else!

Each to their own opinion there are a few places that do this down our way they do a good job and are cheap and use clean water,and do inside as well:bigsmile: