Induction kit??

marks2k

Car
s2000 '06reg
Hi all.. New person here!

Had my s2k for 2 months now, and have from purchase always had the lid off the airbox. Have tried driving it with the lid on but it sounds too tame compared to what im now used to. Ive been told by honda that this does no damage to the engine long term, but am considering a K&N kit with the heat shield.. Is this going to be beneficial or should i just keep it the way it is and save the cash! Thanks all.

Hi there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars.

In my engine if I took the lid off it would be the same as using no air filter at all as the air travels up.

I've heard some people drill holes in the bottom of their airbox to allow the sound to come out (assuming the air flows from bottom to top).

An induction kit would give a lovely sound and if that floats your boat then I'd certainly invest in one. The heat shield is essential though. Don't expect much of a power gain though, you might get a bit more peak power but if you're doing it for the noise then you will be pleased.

Thanks alot wayne. Im not expecting massive power increases, but the sound is important too me.VTEC with the lid on just doesnt sound any where near as dramatic. Do u reckon insurance will hit me though on the induction kit?

OK.. So in you opinion is it going to be worth getting it or just keep things the way they are with everything as standard but with the airbox lid off?

if the air is being cleaned by the filter with the lid off then there shouldnt be any issues. Honda spent there time developing these engines and getting gains on them can prove to be expensive

Mugen do a tasty looking induction kit for the S2K. Costs the best part of a grand though, pfft. Stupid brand names.

Replacing the filter with a K&N one will probably alter the engine note a little.

Thanks guys.. what ive ended up doing is putting back on the airbox lib as the cold air is channeled to the filter better and it acts as a heat shield to the engine. Instead i have cut a hole in the front of the lid to allow the sound out whilst still getting propper air flow and heat protection. Still sound really good and actually feels a bit sharper for getting less unprotected hot air.

if you want an induction kit try the aem v2 as the filter sits away from the engine so you get alot of cold air

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back