What is your worst journey in a car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do you remember as your worst ever journey in a car? Was the car about to break down? Was it a bad driver? Was it long and boring?

My worst journey was from the Peak district to Kent (via the M25) with a broken clutch! I've never concentrated as hard on the road ahead, if the car stopped it was likely I couldn't get it started again!:sad2: (20 gear changes in all that distance and most were clutchless changes! :eek:)

My worst journey was a few years ago coming back from Croft circuit when we had floods. My mums Discovery broke down on the newly opened A1,M. Told the RAC it needed towing on a flatbed as it was 4 wheel drive and they still send a Transit Van!!!! Took them around 4 hours just to get a Flatbed Lorry to us. Then it took another 2 hours to get home......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Another necro! :D
When i just bought my car, i was in terrible shape, the guy before me wante to play fast and the furies home tuner and failed miserably, he fitted alot of expensive parts with good intentions but, with no knowlage on what he was actually doing. Engine lamp were constantly lighting up due to faulty air intake(Hole in the bottom of the intake manifold where it originally gets abit of exhaust gas) and a vacum system that were just cut off lol, burnt out cat, middle muffler and backbox, because of too lean gasoline mixture. Anyways we made some emergency repairs(tape over the manifold hole lol), refitted the vacum system as good as we were able and started driving the 200km home. Jesus the noise in the cabin! :O the burnt out mufflers really made the car unbareble to drive, a good 90db of noise inside the cabin for a range of 200km. With an engine put toghetor with gaffa and tubes from a aquarium is by far the worst journey i ever done in a car! :D

Worst journey I have had was when my 306 died. I had to pull up and leave it as my breakdown cover is managed by my bank. Had to walk 4 miles to work through mud and snow to ring them and pick it up.

Dover To Carlisle!

Was a nightmare started the journey with a shoulder that was popped back in its socket after a shooting injury.

Went via the A2 > M2 was going to go via A1 M up to scotch corner but then this is where the problems began amongst my intense pain in my shoulder.

had to divert south west bound on the M25 up to the M40 onto the M6 Toll until I got to stoke on trent to my delight the M6 was closed completely there for roadworks so had to navigate Stoke on trent to the otherside of the M6 and continued up there.

was my first long distance drive and was painful as hell!

Driving to Ford Fair last year in a courtesy Focus ST instead of my own. The courtesy one was silver, 5 door, filthy, hard life, 45k miles but went like 450k, sure turbo was bust. Then having to turn over my voting number and write on "this is not my car" on the reverse. depressing. lol

Worst journey? Used to have a '98 Legacy. Loved it to bits, hacked an Impreza WRX bumper and spoiler onto it and fitted a WRX engine. I thought it was the mutts nuts, there was nothing else like it at the time.

Anyway, going to see The Misfits one night, one of my top 5 bands and the wheel fell off 5 minutes from the gig. Ended up paying £350 to get it recovered. The Misfits are now gone and that was the one and only chance I ever had to see them. If I had it all to do again, I would have left the car for the hoods and walked to the gig.