How to upgrade lights Clio Mk2

doj

Car
Clio 1.2 Grande W
Hi... Just got some new lights "2nd hand" for my clio Mk2 Ph1 "Grande 1.2" year 2000
Want to know if these lights are a straight swap or do i need to buy or alter anything, "Wiring" "Fittings"
Also the only bulbs that came with the lights are the indicators and the bottom bulbs on the inside ... can i use the bulbs from my old lights "standard lights" or do i need to buy a few.. “havent tried the bulbs in the new lights yet”
Thanks for you time
Doj

New lights not on my car "clio sport lights i think"

lightsfrontSmall.jpg

Lights on my car "standard"

frontfront.jpg

From your original light, you can use your own sidelight and indicator bulbs along with the original plugs.

The actual headlight part of it is different though. Your car has a single H4 bulb and the headlights you intend to fit use a H4 and 37R bulb so you will have to buy some of these and also get the plugs to suit. Plugs should be easy enough to pick up at any scrapyard. They aren't hard to wire up, it's just a matter of sitting down and figuring out what wire does what.

The electric height adjusters are also different so you will need to get plugs to suit them too. Again, not difficult to wire up, just a matter of figuring out which wire does what.

Oops. Just noticed the date of the original post. Oh, well, if anyone wants to know how hard it is, there's the answer lol.

Thanks MC crash for sharing the details.I have been looking for this,glad that i found this thread.Will now try it out in my car.