Anti Pollution Fault

H33JH

Car
Peugeot 206 GLX 1.6
I'm wondering if anyone has any information about the anti pollution fault sensor on a Peugeot 206 GLX 1.6.

My car went into a local garage on Thursday 28 March to have some work done on the front steering and suspension. For some unknown reason it took them a week to actually do the job and I collected on Thursday 5 April, since I've had the car back the anti pollution fault has shown up and it wasn't there before it went into the garage!

I feel slightly ripped off by the garage anyway so I'm reluctant to take it back but on the basis that it wasn't there before it went into the garage but is now does that mean I should take it back to them and ask them for some sort of explanation!

Any help or information would be greatly received! :D

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Is the car showing any side effects to this ? Poor or uneven idle, lumpy under driving conditions etc ?
A diagnostic check should point you in the right direction but be aware that most diagnostics only give an area to search, not an exact answer.
I would also consider getting it put on a gas analyser to see what is actually coming out of the exhaust, it may be running lean which you wouldn't necessarily notice except for better fuel consumption. Or the opposite which you should notice, as everyone seems to notice when they're burning more fuel than usual.
There are several remedies that could be related to your problem.
As for taking it back, sorry can't answer that one, it has to be your choice.

Thanks for the suggestion, I certainly have noticed higher fuel consumption but other than that no problems. I thought the fuel was due to the worn tyres but nothing has changed in that respect.

I think I'll take it to my local garage, at least he finishes the job when he says that he is going too! :)

So I was distracted from taking it to the garage last weekend due to birthdays etc so had arranged to take it this weekend. The antipollution fault appears to have switched itself off! Can they read a fault if none is showing anymore?

On my Saab even if the ECL has gone out all the faults are still stored in the ECU. You need a Tech II diagnostic tool to read those faults and to clear them down from the ECU.

if there is no change in performance and idle status . just forget and drive , it will disappear . most of time its cause of some dirt ( oil , ....) on Oxygen sensor in ex manifold .