Car SOS - Feb 7th 8pm

JBRP

Car
Focus RS
Hi Everyone,

You may remember me posting in here last year looking for nominations for an upcoming car restoration programme. Well I am delighted to announce that Car SOS series 1 will begin broadcast at 8pm on Thursday 7th on the National Geographic channel.

The basic premise is that we find owners of classics, who due to some adversity in their lives, have been forced to take their beloved classic off the road. With the help of their friends and family we then secret the car away, fully restore it and then return it without their having ever known it was gone. It's all about love for classics and realistic recommissions rather than bling and fake valuations.

I hope you will give it a watch and find it more enjoyable that certain C5 productions which I shan't name
icon_smile.gif

The advert has started running on Sky and the website should go live on monday http://www.natgeotv.com/uk/car-sos

Hope you will be kind enough to give it a watch and spread the word if you like it.

JBRP

:lol: I love that guy, his visionary skills are just amazing, the drawings that he does of the car are great and then he presents it to the owner at the end.

So far, UK copies of American car Programmes have been bad. Let's hope this copy of Overhaulin' is somewhere near the original without the pranks.

As long as Bernie Fineman isn't involved it has half a chance.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly I don't have national geographic, otherwise I would've given a try. Best of luck to the programme though

Just watched the programme and........................it was actually quite good!

Not a nut and bolt restoration like Overhaulin', but an honest daily driver job.

No over the top histrionics from the owner when he sees his car, a typical English, "Oh, that's great" or words to that effect.

A little banter between the restorers but, again, not over the top. They seem like ordinary chaps having a little fun whilst working with no big egos trying to show off.

Pretty good for the first one. Just don't let Bernie or his script writers anywhere near the programme!

Keep it up.

just watched was this thought good similar to wheeler dealers.

the place they got the custom manifold did my exhaust on my rx8 and did a very good job

If I had to suugest improvements, they could have reduced time spent in Italy (this isn't a travel programme) and used the time to show us the new exhaust and more of the body repairs.

Hopefully a work in progess, thankfully there appeared to be no made up and unbelievable crisies.

Last edited:
Dono if it will show in Oz but will look out for it. in my opinion most car shows are good to watch, it's got cars in it right?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back