1st time drivers listen up!!!

boostnturbos

Torque Junkie
Car
BMW 318ci SE
im only jus hearing about a young fell i know, 18yrs old and a terrible bumb about his driving skills. first time diver on his permit, hes after getting an 09 seat leon from daddy (who else). night before last he was racing on a straight stretch of road, was passing the car he was racing and hit another car head on an 70mph. 2 fire engines, 4 police cars and 4 ambulances attended the scene. both veichles had to be cut apart to get the injured to hospital. he has 2 broken legs and the other party are still in intensive care, reported not to look good. such a shame.
he'll loose his licence for sure and mybe do time for possible manslaughter, all for a bit of fun.

listen up, if you drive like a mad man expect to get killed or to kill!!! simple.
this is a 1st time driver that thinks he can handle any motor around the harshest on conditions. he couldn't even pass safely on a straight.
take care for yourself and others on the road, driver or pedestrian. no wonder insurance is soo expensive for the rest of us. and offcorse its an under 24 male that has wrote off 2 cars and nearly 2 familys.

1st time drivers, your not the stig nor wont be until youve ernt the skill. slow down and dont feel like you have to bumb yourself up infront of others. the only thing that this boy can bumb about it how he nearly killed a man and himself through his own stupidity!

more than likely the only thing that kept him living is a pretty safe car and a seatbelt. dont buy a bean-tin cuz when you do smash itl not just be the car thats all mash up!

Last edited:
This sort of thing is far too familiar these days.
Citroen escalated this years ago when they was giving away free insurance on Saxo vtr's and vts's and it was all aimed at 17-18 year olds.
I know 2 lads that had them bought for a first car by their parents and wrote them off within a month of owning them.

I've already had my scare, wasn't majorly serious but was no fault of mine. I was cut up at a roundabout and as it happened, the lady that cut up every exit on the roundabout, broke suddenly and I went into the back of her. It was only around 5mph but it was enough of a scare to drive much carefully and treat every one as a potential threat. I never drive aggressively but defensivly.... When you pass you have a good idea as to WHAT might happen, but until you experience it, it really shakes you up! I have had a few scares with stupid drivers and to be honest, it makes me want to shell out for train fares and put up with the awful service!

My brother in law drives around with the seat that far back that it could almost be a bed, drives with one hand on the wheel and the other holding his phone, he is trigger happy and tries to overtake every car on the road, and tailgates everything. He has been driving just over a year now and things that he is the gods gift to driving because he hasn't had an accident. The truth is that the only reason he hasn't crashed isn't his skill but other drivers skill and ability to avoid him causing an accident by getting out of the way. No matter how much I try to tell him, he ignores me and thinks he knows better.

^^ Just think of the pleasure you will have when you can say to him "I told you this would happen" when he crashes into somebody; just so long as your own family are not with him at the time.

^^^ agree with Geraint ^^^

It's a shame when confidence builds faster than ability, this can be a risk.

In my opinion a bad attitude to driving is more dangerous than ability or lack thereof itself.