Induction Kit Question

Hi

No you won't need to get it remapped just for an induction kit

Good piece of kit, as it's polished chrome, so reduces the input heat

to get the most out of this though, you will need to install a CAI - cold air tube, ideally either from the front , or wing - so you get the coldest air possible going into the engine

good luck

It won't add tons of power, but may give it a little more omph..

Do you have any other plans for the car? Why not create a WIP if you want to start a project.

sorry to tell you mate but other than noise and some bling it will do next to nowt for performance

* Adds up to 5 to 10 additional horsepower and up to 16 foot pounds of torque ! ( result might be vary )
that last bit has to be put in there for when you fit it and you find it actually may have lost you power

Your existing filter is protected from engine heat as it is encased in a plastic box and probably has the air intake near to outside air. This filter is unprotected so is subjected to under bonnet temparatures and it also has to take in hot air.

To work properly it will need to be protected from the heat and get its air from the outside. If fitted without this extra work you will lose power once the engine bay is hot.

It may look good and SOUND faster but this can encourage heavier use of the loud pedal so it will also seem faster :)

Thanks for all the reply's all really helpful :). Im not expecting to get a big power gain from installing an induction but sure would appreciate the noise and looks :lol:. I want to get the best performance out of it thought so will install a Cold air tube not 100% sure on how it fits to the filter thought.

Just done a small diagram does it fit to A or B? :embarrest:

KGrHqEOKowE35VW09pBOBI4D2FDQ_12.jpg

I have quite a few plans for the car and will start a project thread :)

Thanks and sorry for the daft questions :D.

Last edited:
Not a daft question at all buddy and the cold air supply forces air to point A but does not physically connect to it.

The cold air goes in as close as possible to the twin air filter that you are showing at point A.

Point B connects to the engine air pipework where your original air filter box was coupled up too. Without a heat shield around your cone filter this will be a pointless exercise and may well even reduce your existing power output and performance.

My old set up to give you some idea.

Factory air filter painted blue and on the LHS of the picture.
DSCF0338.jpg

First induction kit with heat shield.
c4.jpg

Latest induction kit set up.
IMG_1302.jpg

Cone filter now behind wheel arch & fed via ducting through fog light.
IMG_1270.jpg

Engine bay complete, for now!
IMG_1353.jpg

Thanks T9 really appreciate the detailed response i get it now. The air intake tube is there to bring cold air to the air filter and not join the filter exactly :).

Not to sure on where i would get a heat shield will i need a specific one for the 306? ebay didn't bring up many results.

Cheers T9 and everyone else :).

Not a daft question at all buddy and the cold air supply forces air to point A but does not physically connect to it.

The cold air goes in as close as possible to the twin air filter that you are showing at point A.

Point B connects to the engine air pipework where your original air filter box was coupled up too. Without a heat shield around your cone filter this will be a pointless exercise and may well even reduce your existing power output and performance.

Why not use your existing airbox mate? Take it out, smooth the insides completely smooth, and use that? The 306 already has a half decent airbox design.

Thanks for the replies :D i checked the link looks like a great filter for its price Yugguy and if i had the cash for the other one i would have gone the extra and got the enclosed one you linked too. Unfortunately the 306 had a small problem with the coil pack needed a new one 100 pound fitted so my budget has been slightly reduced this month :(.

I ended up buying a universal budget air filter not sure what the performance will be like but i am making a heat shield out of some aluminium. It should come tomorrow or monday.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001CK5XLI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

davalav very interesting i would like the sound of the air filter not sure if thats possible with smoothing the current one out? and not to sure on how one would be smoothed out lol.

Thanks everyone!

Don't bother paying for it, TOTAL WASTE of money !!!!!!:(
Folk get bamboozeled by the K+N bit in ads designed to mislead ! :sad2:

Take advice given and go for a proper K+N filter into your original SMOOTHED OUT INTERIOR airbox and stop being a teenage Chav !! :blink:

Don't bother paying for it, TOTAL WASTE of money !!!!!!:(
Folk get bamboozeled by the K+N bit in ads designed to mislead ! :sad2:

Take advice given and go for a proper K+N filter into your original SMOOTHED OUT INTERIOR airbox and stop being a teenage Chav !! :blink:

:embarrest: Total waste as in wont do anything? :blink: because i already paid for it :sad2:. Teenage chav :lol:.

I guess ive only lost 12 pound :p

If you have the time mate, hook up the aftermarket airbox, and see how that works, then smooth the original airbox, stick a panel filter in and see if there are any improvements.

That cone will do nothing. You could get the first link you posted but use a longer pipe to keep the cone away from the engine. It depends on how much space you have to play with.

^^ Ever so slightly
offtopic.gif
but looking at your BM wonder car Prince have you considered painting your door trims body colour by any chance? do you think it would suit your car?

^^ Ever so slightly
offtopic.gif
but looking at your BM wonder car Prince have you considered painting your door trims body colour by any chance? do you think it would suit your car?

It doesn't suit E36s because of the shape. Seen it done but don't like it tbh. I've thought about carbon fibre ones but I'd have to bond them to the car and make them anti-theft proof as they're so easy to get off.

Understood, such a shame when to have a quality item fitted to your car you have to take into account protection from the thieving bandits :sad2: