audi a3 car wont start

h2d121

Wrench Pro
Car
BMW 1 SERIES M
bought car crashed fixed whole front collected car from garage one day my car was driving, have audi a3 2004 with 103k milleage, few days later it wouldn't start up first time and the engine oil light flashed red occasionally even though there was oil in car, now car wont start and battery now gone flat any ideas why wont start, tried to jump start it no response wont turn over and start any views

Siezed engine? Stuck starter motor?

Does the starter motor relay click when you turn the key? I do hope you've not got the dreaded oil sludge problem.

the starter motor does click but does not turn over , it was taking its time to start before wudnt start first time before

IT MAKES THE SAME SOUND LIKE THE BATTERY IS LOW OR FLAT AND YOU TRY TO START THE CAR

Last edited:
If the wrong grade of oil is used it just cakes up into a sludge as it passes through the engine and eventually the oil just can't circulate causing the engine to run dry and seize up.

Can you bump start the car? It could perhaps just be a stuck starter motor. Is the starter motor fuse ok?

the fuse was check but it was not that apparently the car drive it morning panel beater went to start even evening and was not firing up

if wrong grade of oil and seizes up anything can do it avoid needed new engine

apparently it is starting now there was a fuse wrong collecting car tomorrow will keep you posted what they say was wrong

i have now collected the car and the mechanic sent in an auto electrician who said it was the crank shaft sensor and he simply reste it and now the car drives fine, but the oil light still flashes on occassion only when the car is first started then it goes away what does that mean, faulty sensor or actual problem, the car has oil so i dont get it,

Make sure that the oil level is correct and the oil spec as guided by Audi is the right viscosity. SAE number is usually in the owner manual under oil spec in the index.

so i shud really spring for an oil change just to make sure

i dont have an owner manual im afriad old owner lost it

I was able to sort it i simply serived the car and problem sorted and changed one of the sensors thanks guys

Hi my audi a3 2000 modle won't start all that happens is the dash lights come on and 2 relays click the starter does not click or kick in

Hi my audi a3 2000 modle won't start all that happens is the dash lights come on and 2 relays click the starter does not click or kick in

Could be an issue with the immobiliser. Have you tried changing the battery in the remote? Is it unlocking ok on the remote? There is also a battery for the alarm, it beeps when it starts running low, did you hear a beep after starting the car for the last few months?

Hey guys, I know this thread is old but still hoping someone is reading this and can still try and help me. I have an Audi A3 2.0l TDI, DSG 2005 model. It has 226000 km on the clock, recently had the gearbox overhauled as the valve body needed to be replaced, (about a year ago).
No other issues with the car at all other than that. Was driving along last week when suddenly car stuttered and turned off in the middle of the road. Refused to start again, clicking sound heard when try to start but nothing else. Sent the starter in, mechanic Said its fine. No warning lights, no oil pressure issue, (drained all the oil out to check) car wheels turn meaning that the clutch has disengaged, either because it's electronic or because the gearbox is fine. I have removed the rocker cover to check, everything. Seems fine, cannot turn the crank shaft with a torque wrench though, does not move... So I'm wondering if I'm having the same issue with the faulty cam shaft sensor and of so, how do I get to it, where is it and how do I test it. Please help me.