Hello everyone!

CyberRat

Car
Accord VTEC Sport
Just registered and came to say hello :lol:
I bought a Honda Accord Vtec sport 1850cc petrol 2001, a few month ago. Needed to do a bit of work to it. Changing both front disk, brake pads, caliper, and the nearside ball joint to get it through the MOT. Done all of that.
A couple of weeks ago I almost had a heart attach when the paper came through for the road tax. They were asking for £260 for a year :shock:
I phoned them up as I thought it's too much and they said it's calculated based on the emission and is correct.
Apparently the emission rate for this car is 203G/KM. Is that really the going rate for this car? The car is a Y Reg. and was registered March 2001.
Please someone put me out of my misery :sad2:

Thanks guys and girls ;)

Last edited:
Just registered and came to say hello :lol:
I bought a Honda Accord Vtec sport 1850cc petrol 2001, a few month ago. Needed to do a bit of work to it. Changing both front disk, brake pads, caliper, and the nearside ball joint to get it through the MOT. Done all of that.
A couple of weeks ago I almost had a heart attach when the paper came through for the road tax. They were asking for £260 for a year :shock:
I phoned them up as I thought it's too much and they said it's calculated based on the emission and is correct.
Apparently the emission rate for this car is 203G/KM. Is that really the going rate for this car? The car is a Y Reg. and was registered March 2001.
Please someone put me out of my misery :sad2:

Thanks guys and girls ;)

tcsmileysign.gif

Sadly I think your car just missed the cut off point.
For cars registered before 1 March 2001 the tax is based on engine size as the CO2 data is not available. So for engines 1549cc or smaller the the current rate is £130 per year, for engines over 1549cc it's £215 per year.*

I'm afraid the £260 the DVLA quoted you is probably correct. :(

Source: http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-buyers-guide/cbg_roadtax.html

Last edited:
Story of my life LOZ, I have consistently and narrowly missed all the goods things in my life:confused: , but hey, thank you very much for taking time and shedding some light on this issue. Really appreciate the information :)

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

Your tax is still cheaper than mine so don't sweat it too much! It just means you have a fun car to drive around in rather than one of those boring Eco friendly cars.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back