The New Fiat 500 (USA version)

RacerZ

Car
1970 Ford F250
My Lady just bought a 2012 Fiat 500C Lounge. She's pretty excited (pretty and excited) about it as am I.

This is the first car that Fiat has imported to the USA since the 70's. We've been asked more than once, "Who makes Fiat?"
"Fiat makes Fiat." I say. "They've been making cars for over 100 years."

With that said, Fiat is brand new in America again as are the new Fiat Dealers and the staff selling them. Finding aftermarket accessories is difficult for now. The dealers (my dealer) has limited accessories and limited knowledge. I am confident that both will change with time.

I realize that the new Fiat 500 was introduced in 2007 and there are "things" available in other countries. But, the USA model is different than those which are sold elsewhere. I read somewhere that the brakes are different. If this is true, I can't even get better pads yet.

This thread didn't start out as a single thought blathering. Let's pool our info as we find it.
Who sells what?
What fits and what doesn't?
What problems have you had to overcome?
How did you (or the dealer) overcome a problem?

2012 Fiat 500 (USA version).

Which engine does the 500 have? I'm sure these will really catch on in the US, our cities seem to be full of them.

I am also new to the 500, North American or not. How do the NA vs EUROPE engines differ? Why couldn't we just purchase aftermarket parts from EU? I understand they are new to NA buyers, but they've been in EU for 4-5 years now. Body kits will fit, correct?

I am also new to the 500, North American or not. How do the NA vs EUROPE engines differ? Why couldn't we just purchase aftermarket parts from EU? I understand they are new to NA buyers, but they've been in EU for 4-5 years now. Body kits will fit, correct?

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

I'm not the one to be answering your questions.

The body kits should fit.

The suspension springs and brake pads are different and not interchangeable.

I have no idea what the differences are between the different engine blocks. The American market (consumer) as well as the EPA (Federal Government tail-pipe emissions) are much different than the rest of the world. I would guess that Fiat built an all new engine just for the USA.

You might need to wait a year or two before the after-market companies catch up with the USA 500.