Is your car ready for winter

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Time to do all the winter stuff chaps, have you done it yet?

They are saying we are going to get record low temps this year so make sure you have plenty of antifreeze in the engine.

Other checks, oil and washer levels, brake fluid, tyre pressures/tread condition.

Whos ready for the big freeze then?

Not quite ready yet! I'm still refurbing some rims, then it'll be winter tyres on! Coolant will be done in the next few weeks and I'm currently servicing the car in stages.

the landrover is nearly ready
just got to change all the water hoses
finish fitting the bigger arches on
fit roof lights and amber strobes
then should be ready to play

Mine was serviced last month so that's that for me. If it snows as bad as last year then it won't move anyway cause it'll be stranded.
Other than that I rarely go anywhere that's not walking distance to somebody I know so if I ever got stuck out and about I'd just leave the car where it was.

Nothing to do really as I had the oil, oil filter, air filter, anti-freeze and brake fluid replaced after my last track day a few weeks ago. Will stick a blanket and a shovel in the boot starting from the end of next month and put several bars of chocolate along with a couple bottles of mineral water in the glove box. ;)

All ready for snow as have just bought a winter version of the stagea. The literal translation of the colour is snow white

It has a full snow mode as it can snow really bad in Japan.

Just put some details in the project section .

yup and there was sleet and snow 40 mile north of here about an hr ago.

currently fixing up my old callipers and getting them ready to go on in the next few weeks and then clean the 16"s up and get them back on.

Blimey! no wonder you Scot's are so tough PG :lol:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
smiley_emoticons_ostern_rofl3.gif
smiley_emoticons_ostern_rofl3.gif

All ready for snow as have just bought a winter version of the stagea. The literal translation of the colour is snow white

It has a full snow mode as it can snow really bad in Japan.

Just put some details in the project section .

Heading off there right now for a little look! ;)

well i am just getting ready for the traffic jams when it snows :lol::lol:

since the pic i have cut the arches back so it can go some more

DSC03743.jpg

:lol: I thought I was ready for Winter. I'll have to get it jacked up now and put some majorly chunky tyres on it.

Landy just needs an anti-freeze top up and a swap over to a winter screenwash neat mix. Other than that it's ready and has towing strap ready to pull anything out of my way.

ya i have to put some anti freeze in mine just replaced all the water hoses as they got to the age where they keep on bursting

and i dont know how well them tyres will do in the snow as i have not had them before but should do well

I have wranglers on mine and they have done well in the snow so far. Commute 70 miles a day in the heavy snow in previous winters with little fuss.

Mostly there,
Antifreeze is good, need to put some neat screenwash in (currently good to about -8 but want it lower)

Spare clothes/overnight bag including extra socks (very very recommended, cold wet feet are killer), Chocolate bars and biscuits, couple of bottles of lucozade too. Got some extra high vis jackets and blankets too

Snow shovel, tow rope, hessian sacks and snow chains are already in, just need to sling my big bag of rocksalt in with them.
Might put my gas camping stove and a jar of coffee in too if things are looking really bad.

Oh, might put a saw/chainsaw in too but undecided on that at present