aftermarket seats

pug206

Wrench Pro
Car
pug 206 GTI
hi i have just put a set of racing bucket seats in my 206 GTI and the airbag warning light is on out how can i stop the light and warning massage coming up on my dash and digital readout thanks

Place a resistor across the plug terminal. Possibly a 0.6 watt, 4.7 ohm resisitor may work for you as it did for me on both seatbelt retractor and thorax airbags. Lights on dash as normal on start-up and extinguish after check.

*disclaimer*
However I take no responsibility if this does not work or causes any damage!

thanks for the reply but there is 3 cables going to the one plug what ones do i put the resister between thanks

Sorry can't help as my plugs only had two cables! Have you tried any Pug forums where owners have tracked them?

anyone else fitted aftermarket seats in a 206 GTI if so what did you do to stop the air bag fault coming up on the dash and read out there is 3 cables going to to a conector block ??

Check under your dash to see if there is an airbag ecu there, by that I mean take the centre console out and there maybe one in the back there, there is on the 306 so i'm guessing there maybe one there for the 206, it's just a guess though