206 GTI show cage

pug206

Wrench Pro
Car
pug 206 GTI
hi i have got a 206 gti and i am lookng at getting a show roll cage for it anyone got any ideas where i can get one for a decent price thanks :)

I wouldn't bother mate to be honest, they are dangerous, I'd either not bother at all or get a proper one fitted, bolt in ones are that expensive.

Look on Deamon Tweeks

hiya it ok i know somoen who fabricate stock cars for a livving so he made me a custome one off role cage thanks anyway

Good to know you got one sorted, pics would be good. I was considering the same route for track days as a proper built cage is over £900 for mine.

had mine built sprayed and fitter for £200 and will put some pics up of the car in next few days seam as it is completly finished inside and most of the outside only thing left to do is a respray

Sounds like a very good deal, materials alone are costly these days as I have costed it up for FIA spec stuff.

i took the carpet out of my 206 gti then welded it in place and boleted it in as well then put the carpet back in and cut round then cage looks really good going to take some pics on monday and put them up on here

I'd like to see some pictures of this cage. I doubt I could make one for that. Is this a full or half cage? The hot rod guys tend to make pretty good cages as the rules are somewhat tighter than most. I know the SEGTO rules are tight as I've made a few back in the day!

Not my cup of tea but I do appreciate the amount of effort put into it. I do like the fact that mates can't always blag a ride as there are only two seats. Did this affect your insurance alot with those level of mods?

Now I know what to look out for I'll give you a honk if I see you! Look out for a grey Audi Avant with black grill running around!

if you see me driving around waynne then flash your light and will have a chat
and jarrus i am going to be tuning the engine when i have had it resprayed bonnet roof boot and spoilers going gloss black and rest going focus RS green might get a turbo conversion
thanks for the comment i know it not everyones cup of tea but i think it looks nice
is anyone going to USC at santa pod tomoz

i got a half cage very similar to yours mate. i got it off a friend last week for £40, im not sure where he got it from but i know he had it in his clio, its a pretty decent fit in the back of my pug though. ill try and get a pic up for you. im new to this and modifying cars, so will be looking on here for alot of inspiration and advice.

i got a half cage very similar to yours mate. i got it off a friend last week for £40, im not sure where he got it from but i know he had it in his clio, its a pretty decent fit in the back of my pug though. ill try and get a pic up for you. im new to this and modifying cars, so will be looking on here for alot of inspiration and advice.

Personally, I wouldn't use a roll cage not designed for my car.

what would be the main reasons for that mate? its bolted in by the floor at the front and at at the rear of the car aswell, ill get a pic of it up on here tomorrow.

what would be the main reasons for that mate? its bolted in by the floor at the front and at at the rear of the car aswell, ill get a pic of it up on here tomorrow.

It isn't designed to be in there. A roll cage should strengthen the chassis because it's designed to stop flex. 'Old Git' will have more in-depth input but basically I can't imagine a cage designed to fit in a Clio supporting a 206 as it should do. Assuming we are talking about a proper roll cage? Not a show cage.

hiya Kieronh thanks for posting on here if you want any tips on what to do to your pug then let me know i and I can PM you some details.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers mate thats good to know. im totally new to this and have very limited knowledge on cars. i got this pug very cheap in quite a bad shape, so am just trying out different things and experimenting at the moment. just ordered some bucket seats, so will probably be looking for some fitting advice when they arive.

cheers mate thats good to know. im totally new to this and have very limited knowledge on cars. i got this pug very cheap in quite a bad shape, so am just trying out different things and experimenting at the moment. just ordered some bucket seats, so will probably be looking for some fitting advice when they arive.

What buckets have you ordered?

ok m8 i have got a 206 GTI i have fitted bucket seats in it only problem i have in that the standered GTI seats have airbags in them so when i put the bucket seats in the airbag warning light on the dash is always on and airbag fault comes up on the center digital read out on the dash
and i cant find anyone who can tell me what to do with the cables to sort this out withought setting the airbags out

you need to find what the resistance of the airbags are and get a resistor to fool the ECU into thinking they are still there.
weve been asked this before for a 206 but couldnt help as no amount of googling turned it up

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back