Induction kit?

luwegi

Car
Peugeot 206 53 Reg
In your opinion guys, what is the best induction kit for a Peugeot 1.1. I really wanted the pipercross viper kit in carbon fibre. But they only do it for a minimum of 1.4l sized engine. So if I'm right in saying that, what is the best full kit for a 1.1? Many thanks in advance.

Luwegi

Do you realise that a kit of this sort will not up your power and in fact will rob you of power on this engine? Even with a cold air feed the gains will be questionable.

I'd say to go with a panel filter, if you want the noise then drill some holes in the bottom of your airbox. It's a lot cheaper and probably more effective from a power point of view.

Do you realise that a kit of this sort will not up your power and in fact will rob you of power on this engine? Even with a cold air feed the gains will be questionable.

I'd say to go with a panel filter, if you want the noise then drill some holes in the bottom of your airbox. It's a lot cheaper and probably more effective from a power point of view.

Why would this happen? Surely more oxygen Is a gd thing?
Many thanks

yeah more o2 is a good thing but on a small engine your not going to see much of a gain anyway.

the reason why ? in all honesty i cant say why as i havent read the technical books on engines (looked at the basics but most flew over my head ) but it has to do with the volume, pressures and induction length. in short bigger doesnt allways mean better look at exhausts for a similar idea. stamford is your man for info as he used to build intake kits for track cars so might be able to help you out more

principle is
O2 is more compact in colder air -> the hotter the air the more "excited" elemnt particles get in the air and seperate.
hence why ur air induction comes from outsidee the engine bay for best performance
theory is that with more oxygen ffuel can have a 'complete" combustion, (clean combustioN) leaving no black residue - more pure fuel.
However
at a 1.1L car
even with improved oxygen flow the amount of fuel burnt (at maximum is 1.1L due to engine capacity will be very slightly improved by more oxygen, as even in a large engine the power is only slightly improved

I would stick with a panel filter unless you want to experiment with throttle bodies and stand alone ECU`s. You would need to make your engine a screamer before you would find power another way

yeah defo panel filter im not sure if it has any resonators if it does culd remove those for noise but i serviced 206 midweek dont rember seeing any :sad2: holes in he top of the airbox might work :D

easy to fit a crankcase breather though lol

the filter is at the top of the box though would have fort crap might get :amazed: its a deep box oh unside??