Do Police cars make you nervous

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you feel nervous when a Police car is following you?

I tend to go into paranoia mode and drive really carefully, stick dead on to the speed limit and indicate in good time.

One of the most tense drives I have ever has was about 5 miles with a police car following me all the way! I know I hadn't done anything wrong but by the end of the journey I was a nervous wreck!

Anyone else get this as well?

good topic

il confess, they do but not in the sense am i driving ok, i rearly pay road tax so its their right to take my car, and that makes me nervous

i sometimes drive my gf car, an eg civic a 100% puller, but it has everything on the windscreen, i then wave at the gardai

the only reason to be nervous is if you have something to hide or you have/are doing something wrong!
i think waynne has something to hide:amuse:

Never really bothers me, I was doing 85mph in the middle lane on the M6 at 5.00am just before xmas and a jam sandwich coasted by me in the fast lane very slowley then sped off....

Doesn't bother me. What does bother me and quite alot of my friends have had this around my area, is when you get pulled in a really nice car, and all they want to do is look at your car lol. I had it once in my scooby and once in my Calibra 2.5 V6 I used used to have.

Usually i'm not fussed, police round my area and back home speed in residential areas, dual carriageways anyway. Once on my way home from work at night on a dual carriageway i was behind a police car and i was gauging my speed by his, and when i did look at the dials we were speeding.

And as for being pulled, i haven't yet which makes me paranoid that it is about time haha but a micra doesn't really raise much interest.

Note even a 160sr,

herb! - Shhh, I don't want them to find the body in the boot. I really must dig a shallow grave for it somewhere.:embarrest:

Yeah defo, police following me or me following police makes me abit nervous. I generally just check that I'm doing the right speed.
I've got pulled once for speeding but was let off because it was my first affence. I got pulled over about a year ago for what I think was really silly. It was just starting to get dark so I put my sides on with my fogs and got a £30 fine, but no points.
''I just think they were bored''
But I tell you what I've learn't my lesson and that was the main message.
It still does annoy me when I see peeps with there fogs on though because all I think is. '' You've got your fogs on and getting away with it.''

Yeah defo, police following me or me following police makes me abit nervous. I generally just check that I'm doing the right speed.
I've got pulled once for speeding but was let off because it was my first affence. I got pulled over about a year ago for what I think was really silly. It was just starting to get dark so I put my sides on with my fogs and got a £30 fine, but no points.
''I just think they were bored''
But I tell you what I've learn't my lesson and that was the main message.
It still does annoy me when I see peeps with there fogs on though because all I think is. '' You've got your fogs on and getting away with it.''

My mum got the same for having her fogs on a few years ago.
I always have mine on and never been stopped.;)

Cop cars dont tend to make me nervous. Well it shouldnt when you are the one behind the wheel! :p:p:p:p

ahh an officer of the law quick everyone run and hide
bolt.gif

behindsofa.gif
is it safe to come out yet :lol:

only joking good to have you with us at tc's
its good to know if we have any questions regarding the law we will have someone to ask
nod.gif

ahh an officer of the law quick everyone run and hide
bolt.gif

behindsofa.gif
is it safe to come out yet :lol:

only joking good to have you with us at tc's
its good to know if we have any questions regarding the law we will have someone to ask
nod.gif

Ill do my best... Or I can at least find the answer if i dont know. (which is quite likely) :toung:

I was followed once by them i was doing speed limit about 30 mph and they only overtook me so i tried to keep up but they exceeded 60 mph.just stay at speed limit dont pay any attention to them else you will get pulled,I got pulled once because it had a for sale sign on back window and he wanted to find out how much it was he told me i needed arresting for a laugh.

have been pulled loads of times, usually for complete rubbish, but still always get nervous with the police following me, its completely irrational as i havent done anything wrong ( ;) ,usually) just a state of paranoia.

I get really nervous as, even though I havn't done anything, I'm terrified that they will 'find' something to do me for.

I hear so many horror stories it scares me witless. With the way fixed penalty fines work in this country now if the copper says you did it, you did it. There's no defence unless you've got a few hundred quid to burn on legal costs you will never get back.

I have a friend who was sent a fixed penalty for flicking a fag butt out of his car. When he asked for the evidence, he was told there was none other than the traffic warden who saw it. Told if he does to court the £30 fine could be over £100.

It makes me sick. I used to have a lot of respect for the police but with all the stupid things you hear (i.e. done for blowing your nose), this is what makes me really nervous. I've been pulled once and the guy was a right piece of work and was really rude to me while checking I was insured. He found I was and just threw my driving license back at me through an open window and got back in his van and drove off.

/rant. :)