Comfort vs driver experience

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think that the trend for comfortable, quiet cars is at the expense of driver experience.

When you get into a small stripped out car you seem to have a lot more fun that you would have in a more powerful, comfortable car.

i think on some cars, depending on the manufacturer, this might be the case. on some, well alot of american cars, the comfort level is pretty damn good, but the driving experiance can leave a little to be desired. but on most upscale cars, the comfort levels, and driver comfort levels are, while not always equal or in the right quantities, are definitly there. it just depends on the money you spend.

no
i had a lexus ls400 and i think that is one of the most comfortable cars there are only a roller will beat it
but it was the most fun car i have had it would go side ways at any corner that you wanted and was quick as well

i would rather have a ls400 std then say a done up 206

They (Ford foci ???) do handle well - that's never been in dispute, but the current model is back in the Ford days of old with it's lack of refinement at high speed.

It's a shame because Ford has made a masterpiece of the last 2 Mondeos.