1.1 LX Performance tuning

ScottDTM

Car
Peugeot 206 1.1 LX
Hi guys

Im new to tuning cars, but i was intrested in how to improve the performance of a 206's 1.1 engine, after reading around i see maybe a engine transplant is the way to go as the % gain wont be great, but what really would boost the bhp on my car? I looked into turbo's, NOS allsorts but ur the experts. I was looking for a max of £1500 to spend

You're not going to achieve a busting lot for £1500. What's the car worth?

It might be worth selling it; adding the £1500 to the proceeds and then buying a faster car outright.

Its sad but true i'm afraid. The 1.1 Brakes, wheels, suspension and more will all need to be seriously upgraded to work well with an engine swap. The Best engine to fit is probably the 2.2 Petrol over the v6 but as HDI has said you can more wisely use the money to get yourself a better base to work from.

Welcome to TorqueCars its good to have you along and I hope you enjoy your time here as much as we all do.

The car is worth about £2000, not great i know but its my first car, if i sold the car and had £3-4000 what would you reccomend for a base to play with, i had ideas of a Ford Focus, and for insurance purposes i think between the 1.6-1.8 engine wud have to be my limit untill i have a few years NCB under my belt

Thanks for the advice so far, i did think it wud be hard and expensive to do, i just wanted to see your reponse, obviously a 1.1 was never built to race :toung:

The car is worth about £2000, not great i know but its my first car, if i sold the car and had £3-4000 what would you reccomend for a base to play with, i had ideas of a Ford Focus, and for insurance purposes i think between the 1.6-1.8 engine wud have to be my limit untill i have a few years NCB under my belt

Thanks for the advice so far, i did think it wud be hard and expensive to do, i just wanted to see your reponse, obviously a 1.1 was never built to race :toung:

Get something with a common rail diesel engine and then consider a remap once insurance is a bit kinder. Lots of insurers are kinder to diesel drivers because they often see it as the sensible option.

However, a 1.6 HDi will tune to 140bhp with more torque than the 3.0 V6 petrol engine - that's more than enough to shove a 206 about.