Stop your windows from misting up.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Just been given a tip it will be quite good if it works. :eek:

Smear shampoo over the inside windows and it will reduce or eliminate misting up. It works on mirrors as well apparently. (I don't own any shampoo so I'm going to knick my wifes and see if it works :? )

It does work! I put half of my widows with new shampoo and half were left - the shampoo half did not mist up! (It does not have dandruff either!)

I did only put a very light misting on and rubbed it well in and it seemed to work well!

just mentioned this to a few guys at work and they all agree it works.

Would have been nice if they mentioned it to me. Nothing worse than all my windows steaming while ******* :p j/k

nice one people.........my car is chronic for it..............have to use damn air con to clear it.....any particular brand of shampoo???

I used some of my wifes Kerastase - at a few million quid per bottle so don't tell her :lol: I think most stuff should work ok as long as its not an all in one - conditioner can be a bit smearey!

EDIT: I never noticed the date, D'OH!

I've got a mini dehumidifier I leave in the car when it's cold & wet, because I have a small leak I can't find at the moment, but I'll give this a go on the rear perspex windows. I was considering trying a Rainex type product on my rear window to see what effect that has. :)

If anyone's car is suffering badly from steaming up, it could be worth having a peak under the carpets just in case you have a small leak too. But I admit four damp adults & a wet dog will give any car problems as well :D

Last edited:
Just been given a tip it will be quite good if it works. :eek:

Smear shampoo over the inside windows and it will reduce or eliminate misting up. It works on mirrors as well apparently. (I don't own any shampoo so I'm going to knick my wifes and see if it works :? )
ha ha mate, and you slagged me for using baby oil for shinig a dashboard

before we all know it tc members will be putting make-up on their cars
bit of mascara for the front headlights = better than any angel eyes conversion
dangle earings of the wing mirrors

ha ha mate, and you slagged me for using baby oil for shinig a dashboard

before we all know it tc members will be putting make-up on their cars
bit of mascara for the front headlights = better than any angel eyes conversion
dangle earings of the wing mirrors
Don't you all do that already? I've got some nice hoop earrings for my mirrors.:lol:

HDI A/C doesn't work below 5 degrees - it needs a temperature difference or something.

It does, indeed, need a temperature differential other wise the evaporator would have to drop below zero degrees, thus icing it up and stopping airflow.

As long as the condenser (the under bonnet a/c radiator) is at a higher temperature than the evaporator then is does work. Engine heat assists this. And simply running the system causes the condenser side to heat up above ambient. I can verify this as I've been driving a/c cars since 1997 and they all engage compressor and demist at sub zero temps