New to tinkering

Smudger88

Car
Astra G Z16XEP
Hi there.

I'm new to the forums and I'm looking at modding my Astra mk4 1.6 16v twinport port ( Z16XEP)

I want to ignore the boy racer mods ( induction kit and big exhaust) and focus more on the stuff that will be more benefits ( I know at some point the exhaust and air intake will be changed but its wayyyy down the bottom of the list)

Just looking for advice and experience from other people who have similar cars

Cheers

Hiya, I'm pretty knew to tinkering as well

In regards to the Boy Racer stuff, assuming your engine is powerful from what I know the exhuast and air intake mods are were you start, its as if the car is breathing with a respirator and you finally take it off allowing it to breathe fresh air, if you don't want that ricer image just get a box around the intake that stops the noise coming out ;)

And of course, welcome to the forums :)

Already de restricted the filter box just need a decent panel filter for it now.

Looking through the receipts I got with it, it hasn't had a decent service in awhile, so will do full service with engine flush then look into more.
Engine swap sounds good (apparently a 2.0 will fit in it)

But again it's cash for the engine plus other stuff to make it work lol

Howdo.

I always recommend changing the brake discs and pads to uprated ones. If you've not done much before these are a good place to start as they are relatively easy but give you a great sense of achievement once done. And they look good too.

Howdo.

I always recommend changing the brake discs and pads to uprated ones. If you've not done much before these are a good place to start as they are relatively easy but give you a great sense of achievement once done. And they look good too.

Was going to get bigger discs better pads but need to find new wheels to fit them, currently have r15 and bigger discs won't fit lol

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back