Safety aspects for Defender???

4x4mad

Car
Ford Sierra 1.8 lx
Hey,
I'm persuading my dad to buy me a landy Defender for when i'm 17, can any of you give me some hard facts about what safety it has built in (apart from the fact that it's a tank) as standard and also if anyone knows if you can retro fit airbags from a qualified mechanic or any other saftey equitment? please help! i'm on the brink of him not buy one.
Cheers, Ed

safely depends on the age of it.
one advantage is the fact they are so slow ( new ones book top speed is only around 85mph ) disadvantage is 2.5 ton doing 60 as alot more inertia behind it.
poor body roll as its made for off roading

reeally unless your offroading alot then i dont see the point even thou i wanted one for years when i was younger

reeally unless your offroading alot then i dont see the point even thou i wanted one for years when i was younger

what pg said there

i drive a disco about when its raining and use it off road it does get abused and trashed
but the only reason why i could get a 90 over a disco is just the overhang on the back wheels

if i was you i would look into getting a disco much smoother quieter and they seem to be quicker just

and you can get airbags ect in them std on the later models

Looking at the date this may come a little late but what the hell

"In a Landrover the other vehicle is your crumple zone."

NO mate no need for that we are very socialble drivers we even wave to other landy owners as we pass on the road, its only if you are silly enough to get in our road at the wrong time :lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back